An overall bad experience

Current Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Clayton, MO
Current Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Clayton, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Good health benefits if you participate in Healthy Pathway program Cafe is nice plus as an employee you get a discounted price as an employee.

Cons

I have been here less than 5 months and I am ready to leave. Many of my issues are the same ones others have already posted. Senior management acts as if you should be happy you have a job.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not even sure what to say....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Money is competitve - Cafeteria is nice. Clayton loacation is central

Cons

There is no work-life balance. Turn-over is amazing! You think you are going to work for a company that "makes a difference" only to find they extort money from various states in order to turn a large profit. These are Medicaid dollars funding the lavish lifestyles of the executives, and also the new building with its fountains, high tech security, etc. Beware of the specialty companies especially. You don't want to be around when the government finally gets around to auditing their books.

Advice to Management

I think someone else said it before - "NEVERMIND" How many of us have asked for the same things - and we have been completely ignored. My saving grace? I'm out of there. After 6 years of employment, (abuse), I have to say, that was the worst job of my life. It cost me and my family so much.

A true disappointment. Everything that I've read in these reviews is accurate.

Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time (More than a year)

Pros

The dry cleaning benefit. The availability of decent pens. There is never a dull moment. That is about it. Initially, I felt as if my work was fulfilling a higher purpose with the impact the company appears to make on the lives of individuals in "vulnerable populations." This was what appealed to me.

Cons

Then the impact on the lives of people who work for the company became evident. Horribly understaffed. How they expect to handle any sort of expansion is beyond me.

Advice to Management

Nah. Why bother? The company is unsustainable as is and they don't listen anyway.