Centene

Happy to be gone.

Applications Software Engineer (Former Employee) Clayton, MO

ProsGood Health benefits.
On site cafe.
Worked with some great people.

ConsLeadership will praise your hard work and long hours but less than a minute later will tell you that you should be happy you have a job in this economy.

Too many managers and not enough staff to actually do the work which leads to a very stressful work environment trying to turn a deliverable around in a short period of time.

Advice to Senior ManagementMy advice would be to begin thinking of your IT staff as an valuable asset and not as a expendible resource.

Comments from IT leadership describing why IT professionals chose IT as a career like "this is the life we chose" only highlights your distain for your employees. I think you would be hard pressed to find anybody in IT who chose it as a career so they could work long hours including weekends and major holidays.

Centene - Managed Health Services Indiana

Medical Management (Current Employee) Indianapolis, IN

I have been working at Centene full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: The pay is competitive, and the benefits are above average. I consider the corporation to be… Cons: I can list no cons for the business unit. At the corporate level, it is often heard that… Advice to Senior Management: At the local health plan level in Indiana, no advice to offer, as I am very satisfied as an employee. At the corporate level, improve… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

A fast paced and growing company that empowers employees with training & great health benefits

Engineer (Current Employee) Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time for more than a year

Pros: Fast moving and dynamic work environment allow for constant growth… Cons: Constant growth and change mean no one day is the same. Sometimes hard to focus when management makes… Advice to Senior Management: Allow 6 months - year before major changes/restructuring. Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

There are newer reviews on Centene.

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!