Centene

There are newer employer reviews for Centene

Short Term Employment Opportunity

Former Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Clayton, MO
Former Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time (more than a year)

Pros

1. Working in Clayton
2. Covered Parking
3. Good Health Benefits
4. Onsite Cafe.
5. Free onsite Health Clinic

Cons

I went into this hoping for a longer term of employement but unfortunately it just didnt work out. With the constant change in both direction and management and then adding in the high employee turnover it just became too stressful for me to stay.

The review process is awful basically because you have to justify your existance for being there just to stay at your current level. It is nearly impossible to grow and move up levels. You can work 50 - 60 hours a week but one mess up during your review period and that is the basis for your review. It often felt as if they want you to fail so they do not have to give you a raise or bonus.

You talk as if there is a concern for Work/Family life balance but your actions say differently.

210 Other Employee Reviews for Centene (View Most Recent)

A true disappointment. Everything that I've read in these reviews is accurate.

Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Saint Louis, MO
    Current Employee - Business Analyst III in Saint Louis, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time (more than a year)

Pros

The dry cleaning benefit.
    The availability of decent pens.
    There is never a dull moment.
    That is about it.

Initially, I felt as if my work was fulfilling a higher purpose with the impact the company appears to make on the lives of individuals in "vulnerable populations." This was what appealed to me.

Cons

Then the impact on the lives of people who work for the company became evident. Horribly understaffed. How they expect to handle any sort of expansion is beyond me.

Nah. Why bother? The company is unsustainable as is and they don't listen anyway.

Not even sure what to say....

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Money is competitve - Cafeteria is nice. Clayton loacation is central

Cons

There is no work-life balance. Turn-over is amazing!

You think you are going to work for a company that "makes a difference" only to find they extort money from various states in order to turn a large profit. These are Medicaid dollars funding the lavish lifestyles of the executives, and also the new building with its fountains, high tech security, etc.

Beware of the specialty companies especially. You don't want to be around when the government finally gets around to auditing their books.

I think someone else said it before - "NEVERMIND" How many of us have asked for the same things - and we have been completely ignored. My saving grace? I'm out of there. After 6 years of employment, (abuse), I have to say, that was the worst job of my life. It cost me and my family so much.

There are newer employer reviews for Centene