There are newer employer reviews for Centene

LGBT Friendly

Current Employee - Finance Analyst  in  Clayton, MO
Current Employee - Finance Analyst in Clayton, MO

I have been working at Centene for less than a year

Pros

1. Excellent opportunities for people in our community.
2. Excellent Pay
3. Challenging environment

Cons

1. Long work hours.
2. Working most weekends and holidays.

Keep up the good work we are proud of you.

185 Other Employee Reviews for Centene (View Most Recent)

Please STAY AWAY from this company!!!

I worked at Centene full-time

Pros

salary is good, work from home option is nice.

Cons

where to begin? management has no skills, no experience in the field they are managing. unrealistic expectations. no compensation for the 80 hour work weeks you will be having. Centene doesn't appear to even care about the clients, rather only cares about pocketing the money they get from the state. i cannot begin to explain the lies this company has told to its employees, such as the option of working from home, that was magically changed about 2 months into the job. Please look elsewhere and do not work for this company!

Hire management that knows what they are doing.

Stay Committed to Your Employees, Follow Through

Current Employee - Care Coordinator  in  Lexington-Fayette, KY
    Current Employee - Care Coordinator in Lexington-Fayette, KY

I have been working at Centene full-time for more than a year

Pros

Great Employees and work environment

Cons

Corporation did not follow through with promises to KY employees

I thought the Kentucky program, Kentucky Spirit Health Plan, was great despite getting a lot bad press. The company had a lot of good employees and managers who cared about our plan. When the CEO came to Kentucky to announce that the plan would be closing, all the employees were told that we would receive relocation assistance, a retention bonus for those of us who stayed until the end, priority when transferring to another health plan, and people from other plans who would come to speak with us. Initially, there was not "people" from other health plans, but only a person from Ohio. Later, two other people followed to represent the remaining health plans. We were informed by this group that we not going to be given priority for employment, but they would make sure to view our resumes. Many of us were not offered relocation assistance but were informed that it was available to those in management only. In other words, anyone who wanted to move from the Kentucky to Florida plan would have to pay for relocation themselves. Many of us who did apply for other plans never heard anything back. The retention bonus got taxed at 40%. Many of us did not realize that until closer to the date of getting that bonus. We were promised so much and given so little. Many of the Kentucky employees that I have talked to felt so let down by the corporation. I cannot express how disappointed that I am right now.

There are newer employer reviews for Centene

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!