There are newer employer reviews for Centene

Disappointed

Former Employee - Manager
Former Employee - Manager

I worked at Centene full-time for more than a year

Pros

Pay and benefits were good

Cons

Understaffed, non-experienced staff/management, unrealistic goals

Give staff tools and resources needed to be successful

185 Other Employee Reviews for Centene (View Most Recent)

Most disrespectful and sick place to work! No longer there, the place made me sick literally!

Former Employee - Project Management  in  Clayton, MO
    Former Employee - Project Management in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

If you look at the hours you are forced to work in comparison to pay, really not a great benefit as others have said.

Cons

No real training. Policies and procedures are not consistent across the company. Upper management uses intimidation. Management acts like we should be happy we have a job. Very dark, sick work environment. When I started with Centene it was a great place to work as well as fun. Management keeps taking away all incentives.

Employees are human beings that should be treated with respect. Stop wasting money on all the frills...fire pit, private plane 24/7, chauffeur 24/7

Sick with Stress

Former Employee - Project Manager  in  Clayton, MO
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time for less than a year

Pros

Pros – Good Health and Vision insurance.
    Free On Site Health Clinic

Cons

Raises and Bonuses are terrible. For a company making so much money and requiring so many work hours you would think they would be interested in motivating their employees with a bonus.

Impossible deadlines. Seems like you are working at breakneck speeds 24/7 usually for no reason at all.

High employee turnover (never seen anything quite like it). You may be enticed by the salary offer however, you will quickly learn that when you compute the amount of hours you will work it isn't that great.

I worked at Express Scripts and thought that was bad but you clearly have them beat. Maybe instead of spending so much energy having your HR department create fake reviews here at Glassdoor you should seriously spend some time focusing on the issues that make your company so miserable to work for.

There are newer employer reviews for Centene

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!