There are newer employer reviews for Centene

MOST TOXIC COMPANY I HAVE WORKED FOR and That is saying a lot!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Clayton, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

You meet many people in the same boat as you. They are great people and deserve to be treated better. There is great team-work with those individuals, and help each other meet impossible deadlines by working together and long hours.

Free Clayton Parking

On-site Cafe (so you don't have to leave the compound)

Free Health Clinic - (so you don't have to leave the compound - you can get your antibiotics and go straight back to your desk. No reason to have leave work for an appt. with your own doctor).

Security - the company knows where you are at all times - you swipe your badge anywhere you go.

It's sad that most people have listed things like this as the only "pros".

Cons

What can I say that others have not posted? I will try to summarize some of the obvious:

Turnover - I would love to know what it really is. Centene is not concerned about current employees and their welfare. As soon as they burn them out, they just replace them. I think that might be one of the things that will finally take them down. It is so expensive to constantly "train" new employees, than to hold on to the ones that know what they are doing.

Management - For the most part, managers are inept, and rule by bullying, intimidation, threats, fear, etc. I have never seen anything like it. NurseWise is especially toxic! I have witnessed myself several occurrences that should have been reported to the EEOC.

State Medicaid dollars are miss-spent. Take a look at the new Centene building, as well as, the 24/7 Limo and Jet Plane. Money spent on Charity has nothing to do with the plight of Medicaid recipients. Where are the state auditors?

No matter what your complaint, it will fall on deaf ears with HR, MFN, and Executive Staff. If you do complain, you are not going to be long with the company. They will write you up and eventually fire you. However, the good news is that you will get severance pay. You just have to sign documents that state you will not sue them. Most people do this, because Centene has the money and resources to draw out a trial for at least a couple of years. Most people cannot afford to do that.

Dress Code - get out of the 80's style of management. Unless you are meeting with clients, it is difficult to wear a suit and tie, or suit and high heels when you are working 12 hours a day.

Advice to Management

I agree with everything that has been posted, but no changes have been made. Express Scripts was voted the 2nd worst company to work for. I think Centene will get that honor this year.

reviews filtered by