Centene

There are newer employer reviews for Centene

Making Money Not Changing the Health of People

Former Employee - Health Coach in Dallas, TX
Former Employee - Health Coach in Dallas, TX

I worked at Centene full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Opportunity to learn about health coaching & working with professionals in your field of expertise.

Cons

Long hours with minimal breaks. Micromanaged with by unqualified managers & management. No opportunity for growth & development of profession. Poor communication resulting in Important pieces of information not being shared with the team to tightly control the actions of the team by its leader and result in a situation that is the polar opposite of teamwork. Within that time I was employed a new person came in as my counter part with less education than I and got promoted 3 times based on favoritism, young, friends with management.

Hire real managers, train mangers to manage & build a team rather than to micro manage & destroy a team & individual's self worth.

216 Other Employee Reviews for Centene (View Most Recent)

Worst job experience I've ever had.

I worked at Centene full-time (more than a year)

Pros

There are some very smart people that work here, however for the most part they are not in management. If the top listened more to the ranks there would not be so many issues.

Cons

HUGE disconnect between management and employees. I worked in the Baton Rouge branch and the corruption that took place at that office was something out of a movie. It was a work environment that if you presented good ideas or identified problems, you became the enemy and ended up with write ups or threatened. The work volume was unmanagable, however if you could not manage it and expressed concern you were railroaded. There is no place for an employee to go to with a problem. Going to your supervisor, VP, HR will get you targeted/fired.

Stop being dishonest. An honorable person would see their mistakes and make it right.

Good Place to Work

Current Employee - IT Manager in Clayton, MO
    Current Employee - IT Manager in Clayton, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

A lot of great talent
    Great facilities
    Amazing growth and resulting opportunities
    State of art technology and investments

Cons

High rate of change can create stress
    Internal communications poor