Centene
www.centene.com Saint Louis, MO 5000+ Employees

BUCKEYE COMMUNITY HEALTH PLAN- A TOTAL DISGRACE TO MANAGED CARE!!!!!!!

Anonymous Employee (Former Employee)
Akron, OH

I worked at Centene full-time for more than 5 years

ProsDirect Line Staff who demonstrated competency and professionalism under extremely toxic management; Direct Line Staff who care about their members and providing the best service they can, despite working in an environment not designed to promote success!!

ConsI'm convinced when they hire for managerial positions, having a severe Personality Disorder is required!! The management from the top down with this plan is the worst I have ever seen!! This plan has a horrible reputation among its healthcare provider network. Buckeye Health Plan is also not highly regarded by the State!!!! If you are considering a position with this organization, be ready to lower your standards as a Professional!!!

Advice to Senior ManagementCentene needs to decide if they no longer wish to have a contract in Ohio!!! They have continued to bury their heads in the sand regarding the horrific management they have elected to represent their Plan in Ohio, especially the incompetent Care Management Managerial Team!! Centene needs to read the exit interviews that staff have taken the time to complete if they really are vested in improving the work environment and culture of Buckeye Health Plan!!

Pros and cons

Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee)
Saint Louis, MO

I worked at Centene full-time for more than a year

Pros: Smart coworkers, interesting industry, growth oriented. Cons: Years of experience dictates growth opportunities. Middle management locked in paralysis… Advice to Senior Management: Focus on value contributed by an individual when determining merit increases/promotions etc. When asked for areas improvement for future opportunities, an appropriate response is… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Little opportunity for growth.

Senior Business Analyst (Former Employee)
Clayton, MO

I worked at Centene full-time for more than a year

Pros: Clean work environment. Covered parking. Cons: Corporate headquarters is basically a sweatshop. If you decide to take a job there plan on working many long hours. Lots of… Advice to Senior Management: None. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on Centene.

Worked for Centene? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Centene reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Centene CEO Michael F. Neidorff. All reviews posted anonymously by Centene employees.