Centene

www.centene.com
  www.centene.com
There are newer employer reviews for Centene

Nothing says we don't trust or care about our employees like glass cubicles.

Current Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Clayton, MO
Current Employee - Applications Software Engineer in Clayton, MO

I have been working at Centene full-time (less than an year)

Pros

On site cafe with a nice selection of healthy food choices.

Cons

Feels like you are constantly being monitored with all of the security. You have to use your badge to get just about anywhere and that includes leaving the building too.

Lets just say that you are on display all day and there is no privacy with the cubes being glass.

The managers offices seem more like closets than an actual office.

Massive turnover. It seems they cant get anyone to stay and that includes new hires who once they realize how awful a work environment Centene is they leave.

I have to assume that you are more interested in stock price than creating a healthy work environment.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Centene (View Most Recent)

Absolute Total Care is truly Absolute Total Confusion.

Former Employee - Case Manager II in Columbia, SC
    Former Employee - Case Manager II in Columbia, SC

I worked at Centene full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Good Benefits and good location.

Cons

No management support. No opportunity for growth. Do not value the hardest workers. Do not value new and innovative ideas.

Start from scratch. Reevaluate everything.

FILL POSITIONS WITH THOSE WHO POSSESS CORRECT SKILL SETS

I have been working at Centene full-time

Pros

* Free parking in Clayton
    * Nice cafeteria
    * Decent benefits; nothing extraordinary

Cons

* People without skill sets to perform job duties are hired in on a very regular basis
    * People who have skill sets are overburdened because of this and have to pick up the slack for those that do not. Stop hiring friends or cheaping out and hiring the under-qualified to save a buck.
    * Massive lack of inter-departmental communication
    * Too much management, too few workers as has been repeated over and over by others
    * Snobby attitude of many in upper positions when working with those they consider "below" them.
    * Too many management employees who are not qualified for their positions; many of which do not even understand what their positions should entail. They are only in there because they possess a degree of some sort (generally not relevant to position), they are buddies with someone who got them promoted, took credit for an underlings work, etc. There are but a small handful that actually should remain in their jobs if a house cleaning would take place; speak to those who report to them. I guarantee that would be an eye-opener.
    * Some of us enjoy the type of work we are doing, but circumstances make even the most devoted question why they remain. The hours and expectations of a few employees while others do little to nothing, yet get paid like they are contributing, are out of control.

This would take a full house clean to make this company function as you would expect it to. Many good people are looking for other employment. Take my word for it you cannot function appropriately if they go. Stop and figure out where you went wrong and fix it.

There are newer employer reviews for Centene