Centennial Contractors Enterprises

Engaged Employer

Very difficult internship

Former Intern - Intern in Quantico, VA
Former Intern - Intern in Quantico, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

Office had very talented and experienced people. Often able to make my own hours as an intern. Very casual but professional environment.

Cons

I felt corporate forced an intern (me) on the office. Some of the management acted as though I was an inconvenience (forgot when my start day was, never provided me a desk, computer or many basic supplies).

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Still a Great Company to Work For After A lot of Years

Current Employee - Operations Department in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Operations Department in Washington, DC

I have been working at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

While there has been reviews posted on this site by former employees that berate Centennial, it is still a great company to work for. Hostile comments from anonymous former employees should questioned. More than likely they left the company because they were not productive. Centennial is owned by a German company and it's a very good company that provides great value to Centennial. Like any publicly traded company, Bilfinger insists on accountability and transparency. People that do not perform are easily exposed in such an environment. There are numerous people like me who have been with the company for over 10 years. That says something about what the company is like to work for. At Centennial we all have the opportunity to excel and advance and be rewarded for performance.

Cons

Centennial is suffering like most mid-sized companies from the rising cost of health insurance. Some of the costs are passed on to employees, but Centennial still pays a great share of the costs. I know management is working on finding ways to reduce health care costs. I hope that a solution will be found in the near future. This is a con, but it's not really the fault of the company. This is a nationwide problem that was made worse by ObamaCare.

Advice to Management

Continue to care about your employees and know that we care about the company. And please get the health care costs worked-out. I know you're doing your best to do so. Thank you for the opportunity to serve. Please pay little attention to mean spirited posts on this site. They are obviously from disgruntled employees who were more than likely poor performers who have an axe to grind.

2. Centennial for Career

Former Employee - Project Manager in Fort Eustis, VA
    Former Employee - Project Manager in Fort Eustis, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises (More than 10 years)

Pros

Excellent company to work for

Cons

I can't think of any downside reasons not to work for centennial

Advice to Management

If the applicant is not a serious professional if will not work at Centennial