Centennial Contractors Enterprises

There are newer employer reviews for Centennial Contractors Enterprises

Decline of Centennial Contractors

Former Employee - Project Manager
Former Employee - Project Manager

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

When I started working for Centennial in 2006, the organization had a strong employee centered culture.

Cons

The company was sold to an international concern and you could slowly see the focus shift from striving for quality to improving the bottom line. All conferences and the majority of training were lost and the pressure was on to insure that the forecasts were met at all cost. It went from a company that strove for excellence and customer satisfaction to nothing more than a cash cow to be milked for all it was worth.

Work to slow the drastic loss of corporate personnel.

6 Other Employee Reviews for Centennial Contractors Enterprises (View Most Recent)

Very difficult internship

Former Employee - Intern in Quantico, VA
    Former Employee - Intern in Quantico, VA

I worked at Centennial Contractors Enterprises as an intern (less than an year)

Pros

Office had very talented and experienced people. Often able to make my own hours as an intern. Very casual but professional environment.

Cons

I felt corporate forced an intern (me) on the office. Some of the management acted as though I was an inconvenience (forgot when my start day was, never provided me a desk, computer or many basic supplies).

Centennial is an excellent employer who appreciates its employees.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

I have been working at Centennial Contractors Enterprises full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

Owned by an international parent with enormous financial strength and influence and opportunities across the globe. We are working with sister companies to expand our market presence.

Excellent training programs.

A lot of employees, like me, have over 10 years experience with the company.

Recent business development and marketing efforts are impressive and viewed as creating more opportunities for everyone in the company.

Cons

No more than any other company in the construction industry dealing with declining government budgets and increased competition.

Keep working hard to manage the cost of health insurance.

Keep recognizing people in the regular newsletters. Everyone loves being mentioned.

There are newer employer reviews for Centennial Contractors Enterprises