There are newer employer reviews for Center For Drug Free Living

Great clients, lousy pay.

I worked at Center For Drug Free Living

Pros

The clients are great to work with.

Cons

The pay rate is poor.

Increase your rate of pay for Masters level clinicians and you will decrease your turnover rate.

reviews filtered by
  1. Great company!

Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Orlando, FL
    Current Employee - Clinical Manager in Orlando, FL

I have been working at Center For Drug Free Living full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great professional experiences in a variety of settings.

Cons

Low salaries companies to other companies doing similar jobs

Increase salaries for employees.

2. What You Would Expect

Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orlando, FL
    Former Intern - Anonymous Intern in Orlando, FL

I worked at Center For Drug Free Living as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

The CFDFL is exactly what you expect when working in drug treatment. There is the ability to make a profound impact in the lives of those who need the help. You have many people who have been working for the company for years, which is impressive considering the burnout risk in this profession. There are amazing people with huge hearts who pour more than the 9-5 into their day and give their everything to just make a small impact in someone who is ready for it. As an intern, I felt appreciated and nurtured to explore my skills. I was praised for my work and I had counselors who were 20 years into the profession, humble enough to ask me about something I had done or a conceptualization of a client they wanted feedback on. It's nice to work in an environment without [too] many egos.

Cons

Like in most mental health an substance abuse treatment centers, people are haggard. They are tired. They've seen even the most hopeful cases relapse. There is a lot of burnout and a certain amount of learned helplessness. They are constricted by the model they are allowed to use for clients - managed care and insurance. The facilities are not always in great shape.

Innovate.