Great People and Fantastic Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at Center Partners

Pros

Open Communication Liberal dress code, attendance policies Optional Overtime Diversity Great Benefits Kitchen, even a shower..Potlucks, occasional free food/candy

Cons

It's a call center, sometimes it gets monotonous

Advice to Management

Quality Control, give more training/coaching to agents in how to take ownership of their interactions to reflect the company they represent, people skills training, more random contests/bonuses/suprises...Implement an anonymous feedback system to benefit from agent input. also, PLEASE include a REIT and an option for SOCIALLY RESPONSIBLE INVESTING in retirement funds!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Awful

Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hayden, ID
    Current Employee - Sales Representative in Hayden, ID

I have been working at Center Partners

Pros

It is a job in a down economy.

Cons

Poor training, run by self promoting, barely competent management whose only concern is their own pay out.

Advice to Management

Producers should be paid before managers.

Misleading job descriptions, great training; customers and co-workers were either extremely good or extremely bad.

Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fort Collins, CO
    Former Employee - Call Center Representative in Fort Collins, CO

I worked at Center Partners

Pros

You will develop soft skills as your job will revolve around face to face interactions with unhappy customers and finding ways to make them happy even if you can't give them what they want. You will be paid for the 3 week training class that you need to take to understand the company specific computer program, accounting terms and sales. You will learn a lot more about credit cards than you ever cared about. You will make some really good friends. Friendly competition for prizes (ipad, laptop, etc). They have a pool table.

Cons

Where do I begin? You may THINK that you're applying for a job at TIVO tech support or Bare Essentials cosmetics sales support, but instead you will be placed at Credit Card Retention for a well known credit card company. This is a sales job where you take customers who are ready to cancel their credit cards and you are to talk them into not only keeping it, but using it more. The base pay is $9.25/HR; commissions can take you up to $14 (good luck with that!). Expect a lot of screaming from customers when the credit card company raises their interest rates or significantly drops their credit limits (i.e. changes their terms). As with any sales job, you will have "save rate" quotas that will be tough to meet to make commissions. You may THINK that you have control over the hours you will work when you apply online. However, to get the required training and follow-on job, you will have to hand over control of your hours to Center Partners. Expect to work weekends when you first start working the phones. The bad co-workers have become quite good at rigging the system so that their save rates look good while causing everyone else's to look bad. There aren't enough people monitoring the calls to stop this practice. Breaks and lunches start the moment you sign off of your computer and and as soon as you sign back in, so they will be rushed. Oddly enough, they still mess up the timesheets. The only feedback I received from my supervisor was negative; even when I lead the team in overall save rates, the feedback was only negative. I don't recall ever ONCE getting a compliment even for something as trivial as finishing "Jump Start" - the first week of manning the phones. All one-to-one personal meetings with my boss to review my calls always ended with "This needs to be corrected or we may terminate you". This is a throw-away job and everyone knows it. New trainees are brought onto the phone banks every three weeks with the title "Sr Account Supervisor". Many of my co-workers were actively looking for other work, any kind of work, just to get out. I wish them luck. To those co-workers who were good at their jobs, had worked there for several years, and did their work with honesty and integrity, I would recommend they look at other Customer Service Representative jobs. Really, the grass is greener anywhere else.

Advice to Management

None given. They seem to have a system that works for them and view the turn over rate as acceptable.