Exciting, upward mobility, educating

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Chino Hills, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Great on-going training to be your best.

Cons

Need more hands-on with supervisors

Advice to Management

None

Other Employee Reviews for Center Point

Overly stressful environment with minimal upside

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in San Rafael, CA

I worked at Center Point full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The clients are lovely and, for the most part, the staff is there because they are passionate about what they do.

Cons

- There is often a feeling of things being chaotic and out of control. - Extreme demands are made of the staff with minimal to no training; staff are often responsible for training themselves, and are not prepared to handle crisis situations (to the disadvantage of the clients). - There are very few and very rare opportunities to advance, and compensation is minimal. - HR is very disorganized; there are complications with benefits that are handled to the disadvantage of the employee. - Complaints to HR and Management regarding the work environment go unaddressed.

Advice to Management

Need a structured and constantly-implemented training curriculum for new staff. Need an organized HR department that takes employee concerns seriously. Need to invest in a management system that organizes the work environment and reduces a sense of chaos, to better serve clients.

Both Good and Bad

I worked at Center Point full-time

Pros

Given a number of unique opportunities that helped me grow professionally and become a far better and more skilled counselor than I was when I started.

Cons

Unrealistic expectations at times, lack of support, lack of sufficient training, kind of just thrown in to sink or swim.