Center for Discovery

www.centerfordiscovery.com

Okay while you look for something else

Counselor (Current Employee) Downey, CA

ProsLots of hours per diem
Very laid back
locations all over

ConsVery high turn over
No room for advancement
Pay is awful

I have been here for 2 years (still employed) as an on call staff member. It was a good place when I was in school because I could work when I wanted to. After I graduated I was expecting to be hired on full time, or at least on call in my field of study (as i was told).

The problem is since I have been with the company (2 years) I have seen 18 members of the mgmt team leave. Which means the person who promised me a position after I graduated is long gone. After some back and forth with the new staff I was able to work the the capacity of what I went to school for (nursing) but they wanted to keep me at my same pay rate ($12) yeah, I don't think so. I was not even able to get a raise and I have been here 2 years.

The only reason I stick around it because working the night shift is super easy and not much work is involved. They continue to ask me to work nursing shift or a day shift but I refuse. But for $12 an hour at night to do nothing, sure I will stick around.

This is the type of company that will use and take advantage of you if you let them.

Advice to Senior ManagementPay your people what they are worth and good people will stick around

LIKE WORKING EVERYDAY OF YOUR LIFE WITH NO APPRECIATION??

Residential Counselor (Former Employee) Fremont, CA

I worked at Center for Discovery full-time for less than a year

Pros: Loved working with the clients and some of the staff… Cons: Management is disorganized and had an unfair expectation of what a staff member should be doing. Kept terrible staff members… Advice to Senior Management: Take a management class! Appreciate the good ones and get… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Not a bad place to start out

Drug and Alcohol Counselor (Current Employee) Long Beach, CA

I have been working at Center for Discovery full-time for more than a year

Pros: Working with clients can be rewarding and most of the… Cons: Management can be prickly and hard to communicate with despite the "open door policy." Many employees have recently commiserated that it is time to… Advice to Senior Management: Give counselors more positive feedback. We are dedicated and work hard for low wages because we love what we do. For… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Center for Discovery.

Worked for Center for Discovery? Contribute to the Community!