Center for Family Services

www.centerffs.org
  www.centerffs.org
There are newer employer reviews for Center for Family Services

Great place to work....pay NOT the best...

Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ
Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Center for Family Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very caring about your family. This agency cares about the personal needs of its employees. If you have a sick child, you are not left to feel guilty for taking off. Management cares about your personal well being.

Cons

The work load increases and the pay does not. Employees are expected to go above and beyond and we are not compensated for our efforts. Raises have not been given in over 4 years, but the workload increases. Many of the resources needed to complete our job is limited. You are expected to perform at a certain level, but there are so many things (computers, etc.) preventing you from delivering services at your best. Human Resources is horrible!

If you see something isn't working, change the strategy. I've seen great employees leave that have dedicated many years with the agency. Not because they didn't like their job, but because they didn't feel appreciated. The larger CFS becomes, the less appreciated we feel. It becomes about everything else. The money spent on staff events would rather much be put in our pockets, especially since our salaries have not increased.

11 Other Employee Reviews for Center for Family Services (View Most Recent)

Great ideas, great people with optimism and the desire to improve the community.

I have been working at Center for Family Services as a contractor (more than an year)

Pros

Flexibility, inspiring staff, knowledgeable staff, attempting to help the community

Cons

Sense of favoritism and secrecy by management lends to scared, unhappy office environment, communication, lack of transparency and organization

Do more to promote positive culture and transparency and understanding with staff. Currently a culture of whispers and rumors makes for staff which are not putting forth their best effort. Encourage team building, sharing and working together.

work here at your own risk

I worked at Center for Family Services full-time (more than an year)

Pros

They hire a lot of people and they do give a good amount of holidays. Clients really need the help.

Cons

Salary is AWFUL and unfair. I can't believe I spent two years at this place where they asked me to lie to licensing agencies and to referral agencies. They also said they couldn't give me a raise when other staff were given raises despite having lower evaluations and horrible work ethic and even though one staff person was caught in multiple unethical situations with the clients and instead of firing the employee, the administration moved this person to another location and paid this person MORE money -- the person actually got 2 paychecks!! I had tons of experience, a more education and great evaluations and yet the lazy and incompetent staff were continually getting raises and promotions. You get what you pay for and because they are so concerned about hiding and covering up for their bad employees, the don't pay their good ones a living wage. It was a circus.

Staff needs real training by people with actual experience and education. Please listen to me when I say that the agency is losing competent workers because the administration is blind to all the really awful employees who are getting away with TRULY unethical and unprofessional behavior. I tried to sensitively discuss how the employees had no boundaries with the clients, were coming in late, were not really providing therapy to the clients with my supervisors and to the administration but it fell on deaf ears. I was then told by staff and administrators that if I didn't say anything, my job would be a lot easier. I tried to stay because I cared about the clients but like every good worker I saw come and go from this place, I too had to find a job where ethics and professionalism weren't just buzz words.

There are newer employer reviews for Center for Family Services