Center for Family Services

www.centerffs.org

Great place to work....pay NOT the best...

Current Employee - Administrative  in  Camden, NJ
Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ

Pros

Very caring about your family. This agency cares about the personal needs of its employees. If you have a sick child, you are not left to feel guilty for taking off. Management cares about your personal well being.

Cons

The work load increases and the pay does not. Employees are expected to go above and beyond and we are not compensated for our efforts. Raises have not been given in over 4 years, but the workload increases. Many of the resources needed to complete our job is limited. You are expected to perform at a certain level, but there are so many things (computers, etc.) preventing you from delivering services at your best. Human Resources is horrible!

If you see something isn't working, change the strategy. I've seen great employees leave that have dedicated many years with the agency. Not because they didn't like their job, but because they didn't feel appreciated. The larger CFS becomes, the less appreciated we feel. It becomes about everything else. The money spent on staff events would rather much be put in our pockets, especially since our salaries have not increased.

Other reviews for Center for Family Services

As an advocate, it was very rewarding

Former Employee - Advocate  in  Vineland, NJ
    Former Employee - Advocate in Vineland, NJ

Pros

Satisfaction working in a workplace that is rewarding especially when you are helping those in need.

Cons

Personally there are no Cons for me.

Keep up the good work

Good to know

Former Employee - Residential Counselor  in  Glassboro, NJ
    Former Employee - Residential Counselor in Glassboro, NJ

Pros

Helping clients and learning how to help clients while living in a residential program. Learning how to work with the system of child protective services.

Cons

Management is corrupted, within some programs. Favoritism is a large part of the program I was in. Communication is lacking and policies are as up to date as they should be.

Communicate with staff. Instead of "weekly" meetings that happen once a month, make time to discuss things with staff. Policies should be updated and simplified.

There are newer employer reviews for Center for Family Services.

Worked for Center for Family Services? Contribute to the Community!