Center for Family Services

www.centerffs.org
There are newer employer reviews for Center for Family Services

Good place to work, alot of opportunities

I have been working at Center for Family Services

Pros

Room for growth. work with DYFS workers. Learn alot about the social work field

Cons

Can get busy at times

12 Other Employee Reviews for Center for Family Services (View Most Recent)

Great place to work....pay NOT the best...

Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Center for Family Services full-time (more than 8 years)

Pros

Very caring about your family. This agency cares about the personal needs of its employees. If you have a sick child, you are not left to feel guilty for taking off. Management cares about your personal well being.

Cons

The work load increases and the pay does not. Employees are expected to go above and beyond and we are not compensated for our efforts. Raises have not been given in over 4 years, but the workload increases. Many of the resources needed to complete our job is limited. You are expected to perform at a certain level, but there are so many things (computers, etc.) preventing you from delivering services at your best. Human Resources is horrible!

If you see something isn't working, change the strategy. I've seen great employees leave that have dedicated many years with the agency. Not because they didn't like their job, but because they didn't feel appreciated. The larger CFS becomes, the less appreciated we feel. It becomes about everything else. The money spent on staff events would rather much be put in our pockets, especially since our salaries have not increased.

Rewarding, but terrible benefits and pay

Current Employee - Counselor in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Counselor in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Center for Family Services full-time (more than a year)

Pros

Personally rewarding work, generous time off

Cons

Horrendous benefits that they make you pay way too much for (employee & spouse is more than half my check every single pay period and doctors laugh at me when they see how terrible the plan is), pay is low even for a nonprofit, lots of favoritism

So much nepotism and favoritism going on, especially within certain programs, that it's a serious issue. People are keeping their jobs who have no business keeping them. Do a better job of sticking to HR policies when it comes to hiring and performance reviews. I've worked here for 10 months and have not even had a formal supervision! And this is a HUGE thing: for a family company who supposedly cares for the disadvantaged, it would be nice if you didn't gouge your employees when it comes to their own health care.

There are newer employer reviews for Center for Family Services