There are newer employer reviews for Center for Family Services

Good place to work, alot of opportunities

I have been working at Center for Family Services

Pros

Room for growth. work with DYFS workers. Learn alot about the social work field

Cons

Can get busy at times

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great place to work....pay NOT the best...

Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ
    Current Employee - Administrative in Camden, NJ

I have been working at Center for Family Services full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Very caring about your family. This agency cares about the personal needs of its employees. If you have a sick child, you are not left to feel guilty for taking off. Management cares about your personal well being.

Cons

The work load increases and the pay does not. Employees are expected to go above and beyond and we are not compensated for our efforts. Raises have not been given in over 4 years, but the workload increases. Many of the resources needed to complete our job is limited. You are expected to perform at a certain level, but there are so many things (computers, etc.) preventing you from delivering services at your best. Human Resources is horrible!

Advice to Management

If you see something isn't working, change the strategy. I've seen great employees leave that have dedicated many years with the agency. Not because they didn't like their job, but because they didn't feel appreciated. The larger CFS becomes, the less appreciated we feel. It becomes about everything else. The money spent on staff events would rather much be put in our pockets, especially since our salaries have not increased.

2. MSW intern

Former Intern - MSW Intern in Stamford, CT
    Former Intern - MSW Intern in Stamford, CT

I worked at Center for Family Services as an intern

Pros

Great learning environment, friendly work place, options to move within the company, great training's offered, great clinical opportunities, good benefits.

Cons

A lot of the learning is on your own, difficult computer program to work with, supervision is not always given in a timely manner, more work on your own versus with a team.

Advice to Management

Family Centers is an amazing organization with many different employment opportunities. Overall I had a great experience there. However, at times as an intern I was thrown into a situation I was not equipped to handle.