Center for Strategic and International Studies

www.csis.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Center for Strategic and International Studies

Positive, with some disappointing moments

Current Employee - Research Intern in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Research Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at Center for Strategic and International Studies

Pros

Interesting work, sometimes you can be busy which gives you a sense of purpose, my program is incredibly supportive of me taking time off to interview at other places.

Cons

I started interning there so I could eventually sustain a job. Full time positions are not plentiful and sometimes the work will make you lose a little steam because interns are everywhere. But I will say the opportunity is what you make of it.

Advice to Management

Make us feel like we are actually contributing to something. I feel like you give us busy work until something important actually happens

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. One of the better internships available to grow political research network and skills

I worked at Center for Strategic and International Studies

Pros

Everybody is very professional and friendly. Access to a wide variety of conferences held by CSIS and other organizations in the DC area. Network at these events and make sure to attend as many as you can.

Cons

Not so much a con but you're still an intern and when the research associates are busy, you will be expected to do some of the more tedious work. But they do much of it as well and tend to avoid asking interns to do such things if they can. Most internships at think tanks are unpaid.

Advice to Management

Thank you, it was a great experience.

2. Great work experience and well recognized, Should hopefully lead to something promising

I worked at Center for Strategic and International Studies

Pros

It is a great experience, and the work you get to do there is truly rewarding. I'm extremely proud of my work and time there, and am sad I could not have continued at CSIS with pay.

Cons

I felt when i was there depending on what project you were associated with, there was a varied amount of workload and expectations. There also are not very many positions for jobs.

Advice to Management

Keep doing what you're doing