There are newer employer reviews for Center for Strategic and International Studies

great place to make a difference

Current Employee - Consultant  in  Washington, DC
Current Employee - Consultant in Washington, DC

I have been working at Center for Strategic and International Studies as a contractor for less than a year

Pros

The organization values and empowers its staff, treats them fairly, and challenges them. It focuses on policy-relevant scholarship with thorough and well-articulated analysis and practical recommendations for our country's leaders. It is forward-thinking, anticipating and indeed welcoming change, and it takes its bipartisanship and its integrity seriously.

Cons

I am unable to articulate any major weaknesses at this point, although I am still very new to CSIS so perhaps I will be able to do so later.

You have a fantastic organization - keep taking care of your people, empowering them and allowing them to flourish!

48 Other Employee Reviews for Center for Strategic and International Studies (View Most Recent)

An interview for a position to kick-off a life's work in diplomacy

Current Employee - Intern  in  Washington, DC
    Current Employee - Intern in Washington, DC

I have been working at Center for Strategic and International Studies as an intern for less than a year

Pros

You must be passionate about diplomacy and the responsibility that comes with conducting very high quality research that helps shapes the views of policymakers, public intellectuals, and the public at-large. CSIS represents a commitment to this ideal.

Cons

Salaries can be more competitive, especially for retaining recent graduates from the top universities worldwide, many of whom otherwise go into consulting, banking, finance etc. where they know salaries are higher.

I would strongly suggest that management review their incentives for hiring and retaining the best recent graduates. More competitive salaries and basic incentives such as public policy leadership training seminars and stipends for all interns would be encouraging.

Great institution, some departments more so than others

Former Employee - Research Intern  in  Washington, DC
    Former Employee - Research Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Center for Strategic and International Studies as an intern for less than a year

Pros

Dr. Hamre has created a culture of accountability and a commitment to excellence. Upper management takes its mission goals seriously.

Cons

My department was poorly organized and had low substantive output. The Chair and fellows did not have a coherent plan of action.

Create a more responsive feedback mechanism to reward and encourage top-notch work.

Worked for Center for Strategic and International Studies? Contribute to the Community!