Center for Strategic and International Studies

www.csis.org
Engaged Employer
There are newer employer reviews for Center for Strategic and International Studies

Positive

Current Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC
Current Employee - Research Associate in Washington, DC

I have been working at Center for Strategic and International Studies full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

Well-respected institution, high level of value-added

Cons

ad hoc business model, not much room for growth

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Valuable research experience

Former Intern - Research Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Research Intern in Washington, DC

I worked at Center for Strategic and International Studies as an intern (Less than a year)

Pros

The scholars were incredible, and I loved my coworkers. There was also a wonderful program for young professionals to gain more skills.

Cons

All in all, it was a great experience, but my internship was unpaid (which can be difficult in DC) and I heard that Research Assistants make a relatively low wage. Furthermore, I thought about coming back to work as an RA, but unfortunately, though they tend to like their jobs straight out of school, there is not much opportunity for career growth.

An amazing experience with a diverse group of brilliant, diverse people coming together to solve world problems.

Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC
    Former Intern - Intern in Washington, DC

Pros

Exposure to many different issues, people, topics and opportunities. They like hiring from within and the internship program is regarded are very prestigious. Interns are treated the same as employees and are given their own tasks and projects throughout their time there.

Cons

It can be very long hours and research-heavy. Expect to clock a solid amount of hours and be able to handle a deadline work environment

Advice to Management

n/a