Center for Urban Community Service (CUCS)

www.cucs.org
Engaged Employer
Add Review
There are newer employer reviews for Center for Urban Community Service (CUCS)

Doing great work for homeless & disadvantaged individuals & families.

Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY
Former Employee - Manager in New York, NY

I worked at Center for Urban Community Service (CUCS) full-time (More than a year)

Pros

They really value work/life balance and have been complimentary over successes. They utilize measures to provide great service and research to refine and innovate the human services industry. They provide direct services across NYC & work with human service agencies in developing and implementing their programs through training & consulting from coast to coast.

Cons

They work very closely with government and that culture can easily rub off on a non-profit. The organization can be siloed and would benefit from breaking down those barriers.

Advice to Management

Continue to be open to new ideas and think about culture because it eventually causes issues for even the most well established organizations.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Not a bad place to start your social work career

Current Employee - Social Worker I in New York, NY
    Current Employee - Social Worker I in New York, NY

I have been working at Center for Urban Community Service (CUCS) full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Team environment, lots of training, slow adjustment to job, friendly staff, competitive pay for entry MSW position (includes clinical supervision toward LCSW), clear career path for social workers to become supervisors and managers

Cons

Difficult for non MSWs to advance, focus on paperwork, slow computers and digital paperwork system. Little distinction between social workers and case managers.

Advice to Management

Staff need new computers!

2. Fabulous employer, competent staff, great service provision

Former Employee - Administrative Director in New York, NY
    Former Employee - Administrative Director in New York, NY

I worked at Center for Urban Community Service (CUCS)

Pros

Senior management is highly competent, ethical, committed, and accessible. The quality of programs is top notch. Salaries are higher than other Social Service agencies and expectations are high. I had to go on medical leave due to cancer, and the care and treatment I received during this ordeal was amazing; particularly given that I'd not worked there that long. I can't recommend the agency enough.

Cons

The downsides are really more of a downside of working in social services in general, lower pay than other fields, constantly dealing with human suffering, vicarious trauma. However, if one IS to work in the field, this is one of the best places to do so.

Advice to Management

Keep up the good work