Center for the Disability Services Foundation

www.cfdsny.org
  www.cfdsny.org
There are newer employer reviews for Center for the Disability Services Foundation

Great Benefits, if you like working with and helping to care for the disabled

Current Employee - Resident Counselor II in Albany, NY
Current Employee - Resident Counselor II in Albany, NY

I have been working at Center for the Disability Services Foundation full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Great Benefits, if you like working with and helping to care for the disabled, I learned a lot and met a lot of new people; I gained lots of new life skills and made friends on the way.

Cons

When management changed, the local management of the particular house or location I worked at. Everything got all sorts of hectic, and they started treating the staff a little worse off.

10 Other Employee Reviews for Center for the Disability Services Foundation (View Most Recent)

Nice place to work

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Albany, NY

I have been working at Center for the Disability Services Foundation

Pros

good teamwork, benefits, job security

Cons

expensive health care, takes a long time to earn time off

It was a great place to start a career

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

I worked at Center for the Disability Services Foundation part-time

Pros

I worked at CFDSNY while I was in college as a per diem worker. It was a great alternative to working retail. You get a good head start working in the social services and the chance to do something valuable. My particular site locations was really understanding of my situation and, in general, operated on a good balance of professional and familiar levels, considering the nature of the work. I would have considered moving up in the company if life didn't get in the way.

Cons

Perks: I've heard it depends on the site locations, but I had the chance to work at two different sites and they seemed vaguely similar to me (they were under the same regional management, so that makes sense). But the people I worked with were friendly, and management was understanding and worked with you.

Cons: Think of the problems of a non-profit, and then stop, because you've got all of the problems. Relatively low pay, somewhat disorganized, etc. etc. etc.