CenterPoint Energy

www.centerpointenergy.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for CenterPoint Energy

Great company to work for, just forget about diversity.

I have been working at CenterPoint Energy full-time (more than a year)

Pros

My coworkers are great and could not be nicer, most people treat you with respect. The work/life balance is good and the location is great. Some truly knowledgeable people. A great place to get new skills.

Cons

As others have stated diversity does not exist at CenterPoint. It is ruled by WASP and indians. If you are gay, the impression I got is you better keep it to yourself. Meanwhile you will hear all about other people's marriages, kids, home life, etc etc. Domestic partner benefits…forget about it. Not even on the radar. Some departments still have a "good ole boy" mentality, this is due impart to the fact that lots of older employees are in cruise control till retirement rolls around.

Step into the 21st century and offer domestic partner benefits like most of the other energy companies do. Realize that being inclusive gets you better people, especially when all the old timers retire.

67 Other Employee Reviews for CenterPoint Energy (View Most Recent)

Financial Analyst

Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX
    Former Contractor - Financial Analyst in Houston, TX

I worked at CenterPoint Energy as a contractor (more than a year)

Pros

Work life balance is pretty good and the pay is above average. I worked here as a contractor for a year and was treated as good as a FTE.

Cons

-Zero training
    -No sense of direction
    -Sink or Swim mentality
    -Very quick turn over, while I was there I saw four FA's in my group get fired.

Know what you want from a FA/BA and set expectations. Train accordingly

Good stability, but not challenging

Former Intern - Engineer Co-Op in Houston, TX
    Former Intern - Engineer Co-Op in Houston, TX

I worked at CenterPoint Energy as an intern (less than a year)

Pros

it is a good place to do an internship and gain experience. People are nice, and will come and talk to you, often a bit too much. Some people are famous for messing with the Engineering Coops, but they mean well. Bring donuts, it will take you far.

Cons

sometimes the work is not challenging and you find yourself trying to look busy. As a younger person (still in college) you might feel out of place, since most guys are above 40. I guess that could mean that the company has job security.

There are newer employer reviews for CenterPoint Energy