CenterPoint Energy
www.centerpointenergy.com Houston, TX 5000+ Employees

Great company to work for, just forget about diversity.

(Current Employee)

ProsMy coworkers are great and could not be nicer, most people treat you with respect. The work/life balance is good and the location is great. Some truly knowledgeable people. A great place to get new skills.

ConsAs others have stated diversity does not exist at CenterPoint. It is ruled by WASP and indians. If you are gay, the impression I got is you better keep it to yourself. Meanwhile you will hear all about other people's marriages, kids, home life, etc etc. Domestic partner benefits…forget about it. Not even on the radar. Some departments still have a "good ole boy" mentality, this is due impart to the fact that lots of older employees are in cruise control till retirement rolls around.

Advice to Senior ManagementStep into the 21st century and offer domestic partner benefits like most of the other energy companies do. Realize that being inclusive gets you better people, especially when all the old timers retire.

Financial Analyst

Financial Analyst (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at CenterPoint Energy as a contractor for more than a year

Pros: Work life balance is pretty good and the pay is above average. I worked… Cons: -Zero training -No sense of direction -Sink or Swim mentality -Very quick turn over, while… Advice to Senior Management: Know what you want from a FA/BA and set expectations.… No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Good stability, but not challenging

Engineer Co-Op (Former Employee)
    Houston, TX

I worked at CenterPoint Energy as an intern for less than a year

Pros: it is a good place to do an internship and gain experience. People are nice, and will come and talk to you, often a… Cons: sometimes the work is not challenging and you find yourself trying to look busy. As a younger person (still in college) you… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on CenterPoint Energy.

Worked for CenterPoint Energy? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CenterPoint Energy reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CenterPoint Energy CEO David M. McClanahan. All reviews posted anonymously by CenterPoint Energy employees.