There are newer employer reviews for Centerplate

Centerplate is a great company to work for.

Current Employee - Sous Chef in New Orleans, LA
Current Employee - Sous Chef in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than 3 years)

Pros

I enjoy the people I work with. They are some of the bbest I have met in this industry, the reason I stay here is because of these people.

Cons

The schedule gets a little crazy at times but its nothing that you shouldnt be used to if this is your chosen field of endeavor.

Advice to Management

Add somke sort of benifit package to key hourly employees they are the ones that do most of the work and keeping these key people is vital. Taking care of the people that take care of this company is vital and centerplate should not take these key people for granted.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. A company with broad vision

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager
    Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

I appreciate that Centerplate works hard to make the most of its guest's experiences. They stand behind what they are trying to accomplish and empower employees to make the vision happen.

Cons

With so many different types of sites (stadiums, convention centers, arenas) that they manage, sometimes corporate can seem distant from day to day operation.

2. If nothing else, my experience has shown me what I am truly capable of and the degree to which I can impact my employer.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time

Pros

fast-paced, engaging, results-oriented executive leadership

Cons

no opportunities to grow, closed-minded managers, favortism

Advice to Management

I am happy to see that the "this is how we've always done it" mindset is going away; however I would like to see more consistency in expectations for all employees, regardless of their rank. Exceptions are made across the board, and not everyone is held to the same standard. It would benefit us to have a stronger human resources department, one that is respected and truly enforces the Centerplate way. I enjoy reading the updates from Des. This is something that could be reduced to a quarterly newsletter, but it feels good to be kept in the loop and to share in the successes of our sister units. The numbers speak for themselves! We know what we are doing. As for the work environment, we have to let the our declaration dictate the culture of our unit instead of the culture of the city/employees dictate our unit. We are capable of being so much better than we are!