There are newer employer reviews for Centerplate

Progressive f&b org. in the hospitality industry, providing the absolute best in customer services & event hospitality.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Pasadena, CA
Current Employee - General Manager in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I really enjoy working for Centerplate as the CEO, COO, CFO along with their entire executive leadership team are extremely focused and committed to advancing our company’s core services, client relations and reputation to become number one in our industry. We provide unique and exciting to new design concepts and menu offerings across all lines of business. We are committed to sourcing local products where relevant like fresh produce (farm to table) and freshly baked breads and dessert items and regional favorites that utilize only the freshest ingredients. We are also absolutely committed to providing exciting menu alternatives to those with dietary restrictions in all of our venues.

Cons

I believe the company does attract top talent all at levels of management. However, advancing competitive compensation packages and consistent/obtainable bonus plans at and below the General Manager position would be helpful.

I would personally like to see the company evolve into adding “Contacted Facility Management” to its repertoire of core business services for convention center and entertainment venues. This would expand market share and create additional professional growth and promotional opportunities.

202 Other Employee Reviews for Centerplate (View Most Recent)

Good Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Miami, FL
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

I have been working at Centerplate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Fun environment, flexible hours. Great job to balance work and home. Great company for applicants if it were their first job or on up to management.

Cons

Maybe recognize employees more with incentives/benefits. A little goes a long way.

Continue to support your employees with the friendly environment and no micro-managing by allowing the employees to perform in the positions they were trained to do.

Growth opportunity!

Current Employee - Executive Sous Chef  in  Detroit, MI
    Current Employee - Executive Sous Chef in Detroit, MI

I have been working at Centerplate full-time for less than a year

Pros

I am a relatively new executive sous chef in one of the convention center accounts. I enjoy the opportunities to travel to other properties and learn best practices across the industry. I've found that this company is energetic and passionate about quality. All of the chefs that I've meet have been on the cutting edge of trends, technology and presentation. Additionally, the higher up the corparate ladder you look, the individuals are more and more dedicated to the culture and care about the little things. Overall, a company with great established culture and operations, but also a drive and vision for growth in the future.

Cons

In convention centers, the hours can be brutal during big shows, but you usually make up for it with time off at a later date.

Continue to invest in your people and grow from within.

There are newer employer reviews for Centerplate

Worked for Centerplate? Contribute to the Community!