A Great Growing Company

Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY
Current Employee - General Manager in New York, NY

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Centerplate is a great company to work for. The senior management take the hospitality aspect of out business to heart and both guest and client satisfaction are job #1. Employee development and quality of life are equally important to the company and it is a very nice environment in which to work.

Cons

I have no reservations about the company. There is nothing for the "Cons" which comes to mind.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Overview of working at Centerplate

Current Employee - Catering Sales in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Catering Sales in Denver, CO

I have been working at Centerplate full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Working for large venues, working as back up managment at big events at other Centerplate properties (ie. Superbowl, Conventions, Neighboring sister properties), tickets and access to great events held at these venue

Cons

Low salary, no bonus system, no commission. Long hours, lots of weekends, limited free time and for low pay, it makes it difficult.

Advice to Management

Be strong on your salary requirements. Once you get in the door they will work you like a dog, so make sure you are making what you're worth.

2. If nothing else, my experience has shown me what I am truly capable of and the degree to which I can impact my employer.

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in New Orleans, LA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time

Pros

fast-paced, engaging, results-oriented executive leadership

Cons

no opportunities to grow, closed-minded managers, favortism

Advice to Management

I am happy to see that the "this is how we've always done it" mindset is going away; however I would like to see more consistency in expectations for all employees, regardless of their rank. Exceptions are made across the board, and not everyone is held to the same standard. It would benefit us to have a stronger human resources department, one that is respected and truly enforces the Centerplate way.

I enjoy reading the updates from Des. This is something that could be reduced to a quarterly newsletter, but it feels good to be kept in the loop and to share in the successes of our sister units.

The numbers speak for themselves! We know what we are doing. As for the work environment, we have to let the our declaration dictate the culture of our unit instead of the culture of the city/employees dictate our unit. We are capable of being so much better than we are!