A company with broad vision

Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager
Current Employee - Catering Sales Manager

I have been working at Centerplate full-time for more than a year

Pros

I appreciate that Centerplate works hard to make the most of its guest's experiences. They stand behind what they are trying to accomplish and empower employees to make the vision happen.

Cons

With so many different types of sites (stadiums, convention centers, arenas) that they manage, sometimes corporate can seem distant from day to day operation.

Other Reviews for Centerplate

Centerplate continues it's journey to being the Employer of Choice.

I have been working at Centerplate full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

The organization is not a commodity, nor does it accept the status quo. Centerplate is an organization that allows for autonomy / entrepreneurial leadership in it's management levels.

Cons

Centerplate should continue on it's current path and enhance current systems, processes and learning opportunities. Use learning opportunities to coach it's team members and consistently hold accountable when appropriate.

Centerplate will need to continue to open all lines of communication, mold behaviors of current and future leaders, clearly articulate the goals/visions of one organization Centerplate - all lines of business, previous and future acquisitions - We are Centerplate - same team.

Progressive f&b org. in the hospitality industry, providing the absolute best in customer services & event hospitality.

Current Employee - General Manager  in  Pasadena, CA
    Current Employee - General Manager in Pasadena, CA

I have been working at Centerplate full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

I really enjoy working for Centerplate as the CEO, COO, CFO along with their entire executive leadership team are extremely focused and committed to advancing our company’s core services, client relations and reputation to become number one in our industry. We provide unique and exciting to new design concepts and menu offerings across all lines of business. We are committed to sourcing local products where relevant like fresh produce (farm to table) and freshly baked breads and dessert items and regional favorites that utilize only the freshest ingredients. We are also absolutely committed to providing exciting menu alternatives to those with dietary restrictions in all of our venues.

Cons

I believe the company does attract top talent all at levels of management. However, advancing competitive compensation packages and consistent/obtainable bonus plans at and below the General Manager position would be helpful.

I would personally like to see the company evolve into adding “Contacted Facility Management” to its repertoire of core business services for convention center and entertainment venues. This would expand market share and create additional professional growth and promotional opportunities.

There are newer employer reviews for Centerplate.

Worked for Centerplate? Contribute to the Community!