Alright

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lynchburg, VA

I worked at Centra Health

Pros

Centra is one of the leading employers in the Central Virginia region, and they provide excellent job security to their employees

Cons

The payscale is below the national average for the positions that they fill. There was one instance where we went two years without even cost of living raises, and the company sent out an email thanking employees for all their hardwork in aiding Centra to have one of its best financial years

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. Great employees but management is lacking.

Former Employee - Nurse
    Former Employee - Nurse

I worked at Centra Health full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Wonderful staff and doctors. Consistent patient care!

Cons

Office manager not so great. Rarely in the office and somewhat unknowledgeable.

Advice to Management

Observe what your employees do on a daily basis to get a better understanding of what to expect from them. Be realistic.

Landing a job at Centra Health

I worked at Centra Health

Pros

Many opportunities available and excellent growth and presence in Lynchburg, VA

Cons

Very unprofessional and poor filtering system of those who would make excellent employees and have excellent references and education. Was called in to interview and was happy that I might possibly get my foot in the door. However, I was not interviewed, I was told I was overqualified, and the person went on to tell me that she would help me find a fit and was giving my resume to the director, and I was to apply for more positions. I was given her business card and phone number. Nonetheless, she refused to return my calls in seeking feedback. Valuable time wasted.

Advice to Management

Whomever is running your HR needs to look more closely at qualifications and what people have to offer and not allow someone to call a person in for an interview for absolutely no reason but to tell them he or she is overqualified.