CentraCare Health

CentraCare Health System review

Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Cloud, MN
Current Employee - Programmer/Analyst in Saint Cloud, MN

I have been working at CentraCare Health

Pros

Great benefits! The people are very nice and the atmosphere is completely void of all of those downtown snobs you run into in the cities.

Cons

The only con - but a big one - is that there's no advancement for me here. I recently approached my manager asking for some insight into my career advancement within the company. I was told that my position - in it's current department - typically doesn't advance to the next level. Ok, I then asked if I could be considered for another department in the company. The answer I got back was a bit cryptic, but I believe I was being told that I'm too vital where I'm currently at.

In short, it's a classic dead-end job. For me anyways. Your mileage may vary.

I do believe Senior Management is doing an excellent job at CentraCare. In these tough economic times, the company still manages to give regular raises and bonuses. My real issue comes from Middle Management. See "Cons" section for more info.

7 Other Employee Reviews for CentraCare Health (View Most Recent)

Health Unit Coordinator

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at CentraCare Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The people I worked with were great and were my secondary family. The benefits were decent.

Cons

President ordered for all of the crosses to come off of the walls, even though we are a catholic facility. They have been taken down because of somebody was offened by them. They have lost and continue to lose great staff, because they are not the great place they once used to be under the last president.

Listen to the hospital staff and not just the nurses, many other staff have great ideas and suggestions.

It has been good, not overly great.

Former Employee - Clerical in Saint Cloud, MN
    Former Employee - Clerical in Saint Cloud, MN

I worked at CentraCare Health full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

My coworkers are just like my family. Good benefits, but the insurance and benefits are going downhill, not as good as what they were last year.

Cons

The longer you work for this company, the less you will make re: after 10, years of working there, you will no longer get a cost of living raise, only during your yearly review, unlike other employees that have worked there less than 10 years.

Listen to your employees