Central Garden & Pet

www.central.com
  www.central.com
There are newer employer reviews for Central Garden & Pet

Solid company local management determines employee experience

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Birmingham, AL
Former Employee - Merchandiser in Birmingham, AL

I worked at Central Garden & Pet full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The best part of working for CG&P is the flexibility with scheduling and work hours. Local management was dedicated to providing employee satisfaction.

Cons

The company is struggling to gain commitment from its big box customers making it difficult at times to meet goals.

Build better partnerships with your big box customers. The competition in the garden categories is fierce and at the store level CG&P has little or no commitment from management at regional and store level.

57 Other Employee Reviews for Central Garden & Pet (View Most Recent)

Great Company at First.....But then down hill towards the end!

Former Employee - Merchandiser in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Merchandiser in Johnson City, TN

I worked at Central Garden & Pet full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Great Job if you love people, sales, and outdoor products. Made some great professional connections and still speak with those people today! Loved every minute of my job!

Cons

Promised full time status within one month, then was cut down to seasonal without being told by my TM. Was told by my TM I could not have a second job during the off season and at his beck and call. Was also told not to have a child, that would effect my performance in the company!

To much disconnect between your field reps and higher management. If you cut hours send out a company wide memo. I had to sit and listen to my TM tell me my hours were cut because my dedication to the company was not were it should be. The regional manager later told me my job performance was solid and could not figure out the disconnect between the TM and the RM. Only left the job because of my TM telling me to be at his beck and call, or he would find someone that would "march to the beat" Pretty lousy way to treat an employee who had his area in top niche shape if you ask me!

Central Garden and Pet's pet division needs to figure out their strategy

Former Employee - Brand Manager in Walnut Creek, CA
    Former Employee - Brand Manager in Walnut Creek, CA

I worked at Central Garden & Pet full-time (less than an year)

Pros

Multiple locations so depending on the function, you could find a Central location that is close to you

Cons

No exposure to the higher level strategy and company direction, lack of business ownership, strong level of micro management, unclear processes, lack of 360 feedback and clear actionable steps to help improve and develop

More transperency with regards to growth strategy and the company direction

There are newer employer reviews for Central Garden & Pet