Central Market

www.centralmarket.com
Profile Unclaimed
There are newer employer reviews for Central Market

Loved the atmosphere of the store and the people who shop there

Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX
Former Employee - Cashier in Austin, TX

I worked at Central Market part-time (less than a year)

Pros

Discount of chef's case food during breaks. After working at CM for 30 days you get a partner perks car. This card gives discounts to all CM, HEB, and Hill Country Fare brands.

I enjoyed interacting with the different customers in the store and they helped make the shifts go by fast.

I felt more valued as an employee than I would have felt at another grocery store. The atmosphere is more relaxed.

Management generally able to work with your schedule.

Cons

Partner perks card takes a while to come in mail.

Sometimes my schedule would not reflect days I requested to work. Have to ask off for time 2 weeks in advance.

8 hr shifts can be strenuous if you have a bad back. Wear comfortable shoes!

52 Other Employee Reviews for Central Market (View Most Recent)

It is all about who you know

Current Employee - Executive in Dallas, TX
    Current Employee - Executive in Dallas, TX

I have been working at Central Market full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

Salary and benefits are good

Cons

Very political, it is not about your performance with CM, it is about who likes you at corporate. Corporate turnover is incredibly high. Upper Management turns over is every one or two years each store. Many long term unproductive employees are treated as if they are in a union environment. Makes it very hard to discipline or keep everything fair for all employee

Stop taking a birds eye view of everything and basing your thoughts and feeling on rumor and gossip. Many employees care and do really good work, but are over looked because of unfair practices.

Great Place to Work

Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Plano, TX
    Current Employee - Assistant Manager in Plano, TX

I have been working at Central Market full-time (more than 10 years)

Pros

The stability, financial health, and continued growth of the company during the recession leads to a higher confidence in job security and future opportunities. Very good benefits. The culture of the company, its commitment to people and the community, means working here is being part of something bigger that makes our state a better place to live.

Cons

If you put in the time, the pay gets better, but you are not going to get rich doing this job.

Higher starting wages.