There are newer employer reviews for Central Piedmont Community College

Adjunct Instructor Review

Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Charlotte, NC
Current Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Central Piedmont Community College part-time (more than an year)

Pros

I work as an adjunct instructor at the college. I appreciate the excellent LMS tools available, as well as training to use those tools. From an infrastructure standpoint, CPCC gets high marks. Overall job satisfaction is probably more directly related to the full-time instructor you report to and their communication/management skills.

Cons

You don't teach for the money. Pay for adjuncts is a flat amount, regardless of the hours you put in to preparing and delivering your course.

33 Other Employee Reviews for Central Piedmont Community College (View Most Recent)

Overall ok, but not what I'm looking for

Current Employee - Senior Administrative Clerk in Charlotte, NC
    Current Employee - Senior Administrative Clerk in Charlotte, NC

I have been working at Central Piedmont Community College part-time (less than an year)

Pros

Advisors and Counselors are very helpful
    Clean environment
    Easy access

Cons

Office politics
    Some office staff are rude
    Not good communication from supervisors
    Not enough front desk coverage
    Not the work schedule I want

Stop hiring people that are related to each other or go to the same church. Hire decent people who are nice and friendly to ALL, and who are there to get the work done. Let part time employees work three full days a week instead of wasting their time to come in for a few hours every day.

Adjunct Faculty - for the love, but no money

Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Charlotte, NC
    Former Employee - Adjunct Faculty in Charlotte, NC

I worked at Central Piedmont Community College part-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

Obtaining a part-time teaching position at CPCC was easy; they're glad to have outside business professionals teaching for them who are not necessarily academics.
    The students are the best part - they really respond to what you have to share with them and are generally grateful for any extra time you can give them.
    CPCC offers some of its adjunct faculty additional training in progressive teaching techniques.

Cons

The pay is embarrassingly low given the time and effort you must invest in teaching a course at CPCC.
    As a new adjunct, I was essentially on my own in terms of how I wanted to handle the coursework, writing my own tests, etc. The freedom to choose was nice, but more help and support from the full-time faculty would have been better.

Adjunct shouldn't be asked to begin teaching without a more formal orientation/training.

There are newer employer reviews for Central Piedmont Community College