Getting better every day

Current Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  West Valley City, UT
Current Employee - Customer Service Representative in West Valley City, UT

I have been working at Central Refrigerated Service full-time for more than 3 years

Pros

A lot has changed in the past year(2012) and it has been for the better. People in the office are being held more accountable for their actions and it's easier to gain recognition for a job well-done. I also love my coworkers - very laid back and they do their jobs well.

Cons

Drivers are still very hostile toward office workers. We are doing what we can to make them money and keep them moving but some are hell-bent on being in a sour mood and they don't care who gets caught in the cross-fire. It's hard to keep a happy attitude when you have someone spitting fire in your face for someone else's mess-up, ESPECIALLY when you're the one trying to fix it for them.

Instead of 'Driver Retention' being our number one priority, I would like it amended to 'Employee Retention'. Distinguishing driver from office worker is only driving a wedge between two groups that generally dislike each other.

Other Reviews for Central Refrigerated Service

One BIG Scam...after another and another and...

Former Employee - OTR Driver  in  West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Central Refrigerated Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Will hire new driver trainees without a CDL-A license or prior experience.

Cons

This company operates in chaos. Every department acts independently and as if they are their own little fiefdom, not as part of a team with common goals. They average over 170% turnover year in year out with their drivers. They currently have approx 350 fewer drivers working now than what they had 6 months ago. Hundreds of abandoned tractors sitting in their terminal yards. All office management personnel including your own manager only release their first name, last initial. No one wants anyone to know their last name.

Finally figure out that Everyone working in West Valley City, Fontana, Henderson & Conley are part of the Driver Support Function. Period.

Work and don't sit

Former Employee - OTR Driver  in  West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Central Refrigerated Service full-time for more than a year

Pros

Get a good Driver Manager and you'll get miles.

Cons

If you like to be home, don't work for this company.

Try hiring Driver Managers with at least 3 years otr experience so they have an idea how life on the road is for truck drivers

There are newer employer reviews for Central Refrigerated Service.

Worked for Central Refrigerated Service? Contribute to the Community!