Central Refrigerated Service

www.centralref.com
  www.centralref.com
There are newer employer reviews for Central Refrigerated Service

dedicated conagra frozen fleet driver

Current Employee - Truck Driver in Pasco, WA
Current Employee - Truck Driver in Pasco, WA

I have been working at Central Refrigerated Service full-time (less than an year)

Pros

great people to work with seems they want their drivers to be successful.

Cons

they push Lease Op a lot this is new account but they want to run it like OTR when it is local operation.

let your local managers run the office with out your input on non capital projects like having a reefer tech on staff, ordering parts without your approval allowing shop managers to make local connections with out going through your parts service in salt lake. let them get charge accounts with local vendors to make equipment repairs go smoothly and turn around a lot faster. stop calling lease operators owner ops unless you plan to give the lessor a title after completion of lease.

35 Other Employee Reviews for Central Refrigerated Service (View Most Recent)

Lacking management and training

Former Employee - OTR Driver in Fontana, CA
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in Fontana, CA

I worked at Central Refrigerated Service full-time (less than an year)

Pros

The people at central seem nice.

Cons

Training is bare minimum , their idea of benefits are making you pay a higher rate than you could get them for without working there. Their 401k is through an independent contractor and has all to do with you and not them. When you need to get a hold of someone and have to leave a message don't expect any call back. To get any answers, expect to be on the phone for hours and to talk to many people. NEAR NO WEEKEND OR EVENING SUPPORT. Company currently in a class action from owner operators that they jacked over.

I was fired and have been told I have to pay back for the lack of training I received, while those who were let go right after training never had to pay a dime. Why are employees that work for central personalized for making the cut? Every time I had an issue it took hours to try to get resoled with the company. Management is lacking and the people are too under trained to be effective and operate smooth. I had only talked to 1 of 80+ drivers in 6 months that thought the company was ran half decent. the rest all believed there was massive management failure.

they have a scam set up for their lease program. stay away!!

Former Employee - OTR Driver in West Valley City, UT
    Former Employee - OTR Driver in West Valley City, UT

I worked at Central Refrigerated Service full-time (more than an year)

Pros

HUMMM...pros!? Well, you get to drive new truck, too bad they take AL the money you make

Cons

I could go forever into detail of the scam set up. But lets say STAY AWAY from the lease program. They pick and choose who THEY want to succeed. if they don't pick you, they take every cent you make, throwing you a little once a month to keep you going. Yey they will tell you your doing it wrong.

There are newer employer reviews for Central Refrigerated Service