Central Refrigerated Service
www.centralref.com West Valley City, UT 1000 to 5000 Employees

Great place to work with lots of responsibility.

Customer Service Representative (Current Employee)
West Valley City, UT

ProsI like the authority you are given to take care of the various issues thrown at you at this job. They give you the tools necessary to service all customers and still maintain your self respect in the process.

ConsThe computer system we use is atrocious. I am very skilled in computers but the program makes me want to cry! Upper management seems to not understand the literal needs of certain shifts or they choose to ignore it. But overall we can scrape by, albeit difficult. I've been told that because of my individual efforts we have vastly increased the amount of freight we haul on certain accounts. However I received no compensation for this recognition and my work load has doubled.

Advice to Senior ManagementNight shift needs 1-more training, and 2-more people for the increased workload they've been given.

Great place from the perspective of an office employee.

I have been working at Central Refrigerated Service

Pros: If you are an office employee Central is a positive environment to work. I feel they are very fair and offer… Cons: It helps to have the right last name when working at Central. Having the "wrong"… Advice to Senior Management: Keep those drivers happy. They seem to have the most complaints about the company. … More

Easy, low maintenance place to work for if you do you're job but, inconsistent poorly planned miles and crappy benefits.

Proffesional Driver (Current Employee)

I have been working at Central Refrigerated Service

Pros: As I've said if you do you're job its a low maintenance environment. They don't bug you and they let you do you're job. The… Cons: Antiquated technology Qualcom system in most trucks. Other than the UT facility the few terminals are old, filthy, small, and broken down. The freight base… Advice to Senior Management: Fix IT or continue to lose the best and keep the worst. Its a no… More
There are newer reviews on Central Refrigerated Service.

Worked for Central Refrigerated Service? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at Central Refrigerated Service reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for Central Refrigerated Service CEO Jon F. Isaacson. All reviews posted anonymously by Central Refrigerated Service employees.