There are newer employer reviews for Central Semiconductor

The Company needs a change of pace.

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
Current Employee - Test Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Central Semiconductor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Shorter days on Friday of each work week.

Cons

Communication among team members is discouraged. Moral is very low and the negative aspects of situations are generally focused on. This is a family run business and the direction of the company is unclear with the owner in his 80’s. Managers continually complain of being micromanaged by family members.

Advice to Management

Be honest and more positive. Communicate honestly with employees and focus on success rather than failure. Establish a direction for the company and communicate expectations to employees to help foster teamwork.

reviews filtered by
  1. Good job but has some culture downsides

I worked at Central Semiconductor

Pros

The company have a very generous time off policy but you take most of that time during designated times. For a small company the feeling is very corporate. Expectations are high and force you to achieve to your fullest potential. Traning is encouraged to grow in your profession.

Cons

Office culture can be somewhat dissapointing. Some areas can be downright poisonous due to lack of leadership in those areas.

Advice to Management

Come up with a better form of assesment for the management, perhaps an managerial assesment from managers direct reports. There seems to be a disconnect with some managers and their direct reports.

Welcome to Hell.

I worked at Central Semiconductor

Pros

The friendships I made here were lifelong. The bonding we did while working in such a professionally absent place was like no other.

Cons

Central Semiconductor was the worst place on the planet to work for. The upper management would rather point out every fault, rather than lift the employees up for their accomplishments. The micromanaging was quite frustrating as well. I actually had a manger stand behind my cubicle and watch me work. It felt very odd and stifling. The management I dealt with was quite chauvinistic and very difficult to work with. They do not encourage change or the contribution of ideas.

Advice to Management

Spend more time fostering a positive, optimistic work environment. And less time discouraging employee morale.