There are newer employer reviews for Central Semiconductor

The Company needs a change of pace.

Current Employee - Test Engineer in Hauppauge, NY
Current Employee - Test Engineer in Hauppauge, NY

I have been working at Central Semiconductor full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Shorter days on Friday of each work week.

Cons

Communication among team members is discouraged. Moral is very low and the negative aspects of situations are generally focused on. This is a family run business and the direction of the company is unclear with the owner in his 80’s. Managers continually complain of being micromanaged by family members.

Advice to Management

Be honest and more positive. Communicate honestly with employees and focus on success rather than failure. Establish a direction for the company and communicate expectations to employees to help foster teamwork.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. clerk ? I forgot

Former Employee - Clerk in Hauppauge, NY
    Former Employee - Clerk in Hauppauge, NY

I worked at Central Semiconductor (Less than a year)

Pros

You leave early on Fridays throughout the year.

Cons

Managment. My direct supervisor was their 10 years as of 2006, and he would constantly talk negatively about the family who ran the business & i would talk negatively about 90% of the people who worked there. He would try to turn me against management yet he would come in a half an hour early each day and not clock in thus working for free. This same Supervisor would watch who would be sitting in their cars 15 minutes before they were scheduled & criticized them to me for not coming in and working early (no pay ) lol. Not a comfortable work environment. They would make you put together these 'kits' that consisted of tediously getting together tiny parts such as diodes, which resembled each other and we're confusing to assemble,to which there was no charge to the customer.

Advice to Management

Less micro management. Maybe the family needs to stay in their offices more.

Good job but has some culture downsides

I worked at Central Semiconductor

Pros

The company have a very generous time off policy but you take most of that time during designated times. For a small company the feeling is very corporate. Expectations are high and force you to achieve to your fullest potential. Traning is encouraged to grow in your profession.

Cons

Office culture can be somewhat dissapointing. Some areas can be downright poisonous due to lack of leadership in those areas.

Advice to Management

Come up with a better form of assesment for the management, perhaps an managerial assesment from managers direct reports. There seems to be a disconnect with some managers and their direct reports.