Central States Manufacturing, Inc.

www.centralstatesmfg.com
  www.centralstatesmfg.com
There are newer employer reviews for Central States Manufacturing, Inc.

Fast paced and intense

Current Employee - Panel Line in Lowell, AR
Current Employee - Panel Line in Lowell, AR

I have been working at Central States Manufacturing, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

More than competitive pay, full benefits that are dirt cheap. Probably the best medical insurance I have ever had. Immediate management is easily accessible and open.
Management is always pushing us to advance and help open up doors if we show the motivation. You'll learn all kinds of spanish,

Cons

2nd shift is completely awful for anyone with a family or zeal for life, expect 12 hour days 3-4 days a week. 55+ hours a week is hard on a family. You can get thrown to the side rather quickly if you are not a fast learner...primarily in loading.

Panel line is hard tough work but very rewarding and staffed with an awesome group of guys!

Maybe stop the temp cycle on 2nd shift, dont keep a temp for 90 days just to replace them. If they dont produce replace them at 30 days, that way they dont have false hopes of getting hired.

7 Other Employee Reviews for Central States Manufacturing, Inc. (View Most Recent)

Toxic

Former Employee - Territory Manager in Michigan City, IN
    Former Employee - Territory Manager in Michigan City, IN

I worked at Central States Manufacturing, Inc.

Pros

Esop has a good payout. The real employees, meaning non management, really do have eachothers backs in this organization, however many are terminated upon expressing concerns with the rampant managerial abuses associated with this company.

Cons

Toxic sales management. Witch hunts. Leadership through fear and intimidation techniques. Bully management. Little to no chance at promotion. Sexual harassment.

Lead from the front, instead of barking orders from the rear. Management could not be more out of touch with the pulse of this company.

No Honesty, No Integrity, No Accountability

Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Jasper, AL
    Former Employee - Retail Store Manager in Jasper, AL

I worked at Central States Manufacturing, Inc. full-time (more than an year)

Pros

The benefit package was acceptable.

Cons

This review is for Metal Central, the retail side of Central States Mfg. in Jasper, AL.

Management is extremely ignorant of market conditions in the Jasper territory. There are both distributors (wholesale customers) and retail (Contractors and homeowners) in the territory. Metal Central is required to compete against both distributors and contractors for new business. This creates a lot of friction and poor customer relations. Distributors complain that Metal Central sells directly to its contractors and homeowners that buy from them and contractors complain that Metal Central will sell directly to the homeowner for the same price it will sell them (contractors). There is no loyalty to volume customers. . Management felt that they were the only game in town so they did not have to deliver on superior service and support.

Communication in the plant and between the plant and Metal Central is horrible. Breakdowns and shortages never get communicated to Metal Central. Customers showed up to get their orders only to be told it wasn't ready. Customers have had to wait as long as 4 hours to load their orders. The commitment from Central States is get your order in by 3pm, pick it up after 7am. We were continually apologizing to our customers for issues beyond our control. Management at Central States had no interest in supporting the customer service commitment with contractors of Metal Central.

There is no innovation in Central States. To survive in retail, new products and improved methods of delivery are critical. There was no interest or support for any type of innovation.

Don't expect any training, coaching, strategic meetings, tactical instruction, or support in any way. Management is inept at forecasting, planning, analysis, or anything else to do with retail. They may be distribution czars but they are retail dipsticks.

I watched Central States, in just the short time I was there, move from a relationship company to a transaction company. Everything is about the almighty dollar. In their Mission Statement, they say they are dedicated to the personal growth and well-being of each team member. Not so! I've watched them humiliate good employees over senseless, petty acts. I've watched supervisors throw employees under the bus for personal gain or at least their unwillingness to stand up for their employees. Further, in their Mission Statement, Central States promises to maintain total honesty and integrity with everyone their lives may touch. I tell you, Carl Carpenter is turning over in his grave. They have no honesty or integrity in my opinion.

In summary, if you are looking for a short term J.O.B., where you can experience humiliation, embarrassment, no support, no innovation, and no chance for success, this may be the perfect job for you.

New blood brings new life

There are newer employer reviews for Central States Manufacturing, Inc.