Central Transport

www.centraltransport.com
  www.centraltransport.com
There are newer employer reviews for Central Transport

Stay away from this place

Former Employee - Corporate Accounts in Warren, MI
Former Employee - Corporate Accounts in Warren, MI

I worked at Central Transport full-time (more than an year)

Pros

None really, besides a small paycheck.

Cons

Probably the worst place you can work in every aspect. Pay is minimal, overtime is not paid, work environment is awful (leaking ceilings, more than likely exposed to asbestos). They cut every corner to cut costs (then cut them again). The health insurance provided is owed by a sister company and is brutal and over priced. I have seen freight in a two day lane take 20+ days! I could go on for hours about how much a joke CT is but why bother....just glad i don't work there anymore.

99 Other Employee Reviews for Central Transport (View Most Recent)

Terrible company - will rip off the customer any chance they get and ignore customers

Current Employee - Customer Service in Warren, MI
    Current Employee - Customer Service in Warren, MI

I have been working at Central Transport full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

decent starting pay but they rarely give raises

Cons

ignored by departments that need to help the customer....constantly instructed to lie to the customer and they regularly overbill them. They regularly lose or damage product and deny responsibility and leave the employees to deal with the mess. Zero career advancement there unless you are male.

Get real. You will never have a good reputation in the logistics world the way you treat customers. And you know exactly what you are doing. The head of the claims department is a joke - he just denies all claims when the internal notes clearly say the company is responsibile for the damage.

I wouldn't recommend it...unless you're desperate!

Former Employee - Several in Warren, MI
    Former Employee - Several in Warren, MI

I worked at Central Transport full-time (more than 3 years)

Pros

As a company, they are willing to crosstrain employees. Oh, and they have a nice large breakroom to use, where every once in a while you get a free bag of popcorn or donut.

Cons

Above I mentioned they are willing to crosstrain, unfortunately, for most people, you don't have a choice in this matter, and it is often done whether you like it or not. If you are called into HR's office after 3:00pm on Friday, you are either being fired or transferred. Most of the time, you do not have a choice in this matter. For example, I was scheduled to leave at 4:00pm on a Friday, and at 3:45 I was approached by an HR Manager. When I was presented the offer to transfer from one department to another, I asked if I had an option. Her response...not if you'd like to remain employed.

Because Matty Maroun owns so many companies, he likes to play God. I was hired into Central Transport Int. Inc. and then was "transferred" from CTII to a sister company. Ultimately, this affected my Unemployment Benefits because I worked for 2 different companies and didn't have enough time in place. I needed my unemployment benefits because I was asked to do something immoral, and borderline illegal. When I refused, I was terminated.

Gain some morals. I know this will never happen, but its worth a shot!

There are newer employer reviews for Central Transport