Centrica

www.centrica.co.uk

Nothing like I expected of the oil&gas industry

Talent Intelligence Analyst (Former Employee) Windsor, South West England, England (UK)

ProsI loved my experience with the company - great office atmosphere and everyone I met was so friendly. As a 'mere' summer intern I expected people not to bother with me and leave me get on with my project but most days I was meeting some one new. Everyone I met was was always very approachable, genuinely interested in what I was working on and always offering their help.

As part of my project I had to interview employees throughout the company at all levels of seniority - I expected a lot of rejections but everyone was happy to help and through speaking to them learnt the reason behind their move to Centrica - everyone is incredibly passionate about the company!

ConsI was working outside of the IT department for my summer placement and was looking to move into this department for a graduate placement. I got the general opinion that the rest of the company does not consider the IT department to be worthwhile - even other interns made quips about them.

Good people, varying remuneration, result-oriented, slow and beuracratic

Engineer (Current Employee) Heysham, England (UK)

I have been working at Centrica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros: Good people to work with and flexible atmosphere. Very accommodating… Cons: Insular in nature and sometimes confused as to what operating model to be… Advice to Senior Management: Consider benchmarking performance targets against external contemporaries for each business unit against their competitors… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

Average pay, decent work life balance

SAP CE Consultant (Current Employee) Staines, England (UK)

I have been working at Centrica full-time for more than a year

Pros: Not strict for time Average facilities Staines has proximity to London Cons: Does not have an IT strategy IS is more tactical and… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More
There are newer reviews on Centrica.

Worked for Centrica? Contribute to the Community!