There are newer employer reviews for Centrica

Nothing like I expected of the oil&gas industry

Former Employee - Talent Intelligence Analyst  in  Windsor, South West England, England (UK)
Former Employee - Talent Intelligence Analyst in Windsor, South West England, England (UK)

I worked at Centrica as an intern for less than a year

Pros

I loved my experience with the company - great office atmosphere and everyone I met was so friendly. As a 'mere' summer intern I expected people not to bother with me and leave me get on with my project but most days I was meeting some one new. Everyone I met was was always very approachable, genuinely interested in what I was working on and always offering their help.

As part of my project I had to interview employees throughout the company at all levels of seniority - I expected a lot of rejections but everyone was happy to help and through speaking to them learnt the reason behind their move to Centrica - everyone is incredibly passionate about the company!

Cons

I was working outside of the IT department for my summer placement and was looking to move into this department for a graduate placement. I got the general opinion that the rest of the company does not consider the IT department to be worthwhile - even other interns made quips about them.

37 Other Employee Reviews for Centrica (View Most Recent)

Good people, varying remuneration, result-oriented, slow and beuracratic

Current Employee - Engineer  in  Heysham, England (UK)
    Current Employee - Engineer in Heysham, England (UK)

I have been working at Centrica full-time for more than 5 years

Pros

Good people to work with and flexible atmosphere. Very accommodating and potential for vast experience to be gained.

Cons

Insular in nature and sometimes confused as to what operating model to be bench-marked against with other companies due to the gigantic operating model in various sectors.

Consider benchmarking performance targets against external contemporaries for each business unit against their competitors rather than grouping everything together and comparing against the one that matters at the time.

Average pay, decent work life balance

Current Employee - SAP CE Consultant  in  Staines, England (UK)
    Current Employee - SAP CE Consultant in Staines, England (UK)

I have been working at Centrica full-time for more than a year

Pros

Not strict for time
    Average facilities
    Staines has proximity to London

Cons

Does not have an IT strategy
    IS is more tactical and not strategic

There are newer employer reviews for Centrica

Worked for Centrica? Contribute to the Community!