There are newer employer reviews for Centrify

Wonderful Company

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Caring leadership. Great technical support both internal and external. Customer service goes the extra mile and the engineers put customers first. You wouldn't believe how many things we do out of scope just to help our customers. Company is small but big enough to create a future.

Cons

I can't think of any right now. Maybe demanding external companies? Lack of food choices around the office?

You are approachable. You show leadership. You accept feedback from external customers on actually changing the overall product to add features. I don't see this company slowing down and it's ever evolving.

12 Other Employee Reviews for Centrify (View Most Recent)

A wonderful group of people, challenging work, and a growing business. It doesn't get any better than this.

Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Senior Product Manager in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than an year)

Pros

I had not heard of Centrify prior to a former colleague's insistent texts that (a) there was an opening in product management and (b) I was nuts if I didn't take the opportunity seriously. I took the interviews, took the offer, and have been at Centrify over a year. Here's what I can tell you.

It's a great management team. Centrify is 10 years old. The three founders are here, in their original jobs. They're smart, and they're builders. They insist on balancing work and not-work. They're honest, and approachable. The executive team they've added around them is excellent. And they still work as hard, if not harder, than anyone else in the company.

The product portfolio might look pedestrian (UNIX servers?) or illusory (cloud?) at first glance. Look again. The product lines put Centrify squarely in the middle of an increasingly interesting and profitable market space - services for unifying and securing user identities regardless of device (server, laptop, tablet, mobile phone) or application (MMC snap-in, database, cloud-based CRM). They're real products, with real customers, solving problems that matter.

The work is challenging in the best possible way. I came off of a couple of years at a large security company that was essentially a 100% inefficient machine. Regardless of the work that went into it, the only thing that came out was excess heat (and haven't we all had that job?). After a couple of months at Centrify, I was completely re-energized, doing what I think is some of the best work I've done in years, and watching it have a real impact. And having a good time doing it.

Cons

Of course there are. But relative to the pros? Not even water on this duck's back.

Well managed and on its way up

Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA
    Current Employee - Principal Software Engineer in Santa Clara, CA

I have been working at Centrify full-time (more than an year)

Pros

Senior executives manage the company very well, the company is on solid ground financially, and is breaking into the cloud business which has started bearing fruit nice. The company treats people nicely, including the offshore contractors.
    The company has a lot list of household name customers, and is still adding more quarter after quarter.

Cons

There is no free lunch, well, most of the time. The company is in a niche market, as most of startups.

Keep up the good work! Like the quarterly company wide meeting and updates. Try to retain the talents more proactively.

There are newer employer reviews for Centrify