There are newer employer reviews for Centris Group

Not really a software company

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville Centre, NY
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Rockville Centre, NY

I worked at Centris Group

Pros

Many of your coworkers are nice. The constant maintenance fires make the day go faster.

Cons

This is an educator services company, that delivers its services via software only incidentally. Management is uninterested in and suspicious of technology and treat it like a problem they wish would just go away. Unapologetic, totally undisguised favoritism guides treatment of employees. Hard work and loyalty might or might not be rewarded depending on whether the inner circle is smiling on you or not. Pettiness and secretiveness are ingrained in the culture. Training and career growth are zero priorities.

Embrace technology, or hire someone who does and stay out of it. Realize you are a software company and technical competence is not just a nice to have.

13 Other Employee Reviews for Centris Group (View Most Recent)

It's just OK

I have been working at Centris Group

Pros

Centris Group is beneficial to anyone starting out in the field who needs a nice mark on their resume, because Centris looks really good on paper. They are a leading educational software developer. The office is comfortable and modern (the rest of the building leaves some to be desired, though).

Cons

Favoritism shown towards other departments, lack of competence by management, immature behavior. Some managers are truly ruthless in their vendettas for office domination and no one ever tells them "no". Morale is extremely low amongst many groups but everyone is afraid to speak up, which is never a good situation.

Favoritism really brings down employee morale. I would also ask a few of them to resign, for the good of the company. Many of them think they are managers, but they are not.

Under new management, things would be better

I have been working at Centris Group

Pros

Centris Group has a nice office building and coworkers help to create a family environment. Wages are competitive. Time off is granted as needed.

Cons

Bizarre management practices by those higher up. Work is rarely seen through to completion. I've seen workers reprimanded for taking more than the allocated time for lunch, even on special occasions. Sometimes it feels like a prison. Petty employees are allowed to ruin everyone's fun.

Do not be condescending to your employees and treat us all equally. There is a strong favoritism shown towards developers. Also, some in charge have allowed it to go to their heads, and they should not be allowed to reprimand us like children. I want to work in a mature environment.

There are newer employer reviews for Centris Group