Centura Health

www.centura.org

Centura Health IT

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Englewood, CO

ProsYou are working with dedicated, hard-working, kind people who care about their work. Most people who come to work here are impressed with how nice the people are. Because it is a faith-based, non-profit, many of the workers bring a positive spirit to their interactions. For the most part, my coworkers are very competent.

The CEO, Gary Campbell impresses me. I have never known a CEO, especially of such a large company, to invest so much time in meeting with the workers. He has a stated, clear vision for the future of the company. His leadership is why I expect that Centura will survive and grow during the Obamacare era. Let's face it, regulations have been created to pretty much force consolidation and mergers. Centura seems poised to take advantage of it.

Finally, the commitment to the mission of providing care and community benefit makes the work more meaningful than any other place I have worked.

ConsThe IT department has big plans for growth and transformation into a world class organization. Unfortunately, some of the decision-making has been short-sighted, resulting in failed projects and extended projects. Management seems to have caught on to the need to plan better and invest more resources in projects like these.

Another downside has been the inability to invest in needed resources. The IT department has been "lean and mean" for so long that some people are growing burnt out. Others are skeptical about the likelihood of success of some of new initiatives. In other cases, it seems like we are poised to make some of the same mistakes that led to problems we are experiencing.

Advice to Senior ManagementHire a whole raft of people. Give outstanding, long-time employees new opportunities. Commit resources to new projects and if something is new, not in the current skillset, hire people who are experienced to lead.

Good, varied work. Good promotion, compensation opportunities.

Anonymous Employee (Current Employee) Denver, CO

I have been working at Centura Health full-time for more than 3 years

Pros: Big system so lots of variety in work. Opportunity for good management… Cons: Their insurance doesn't cover birth control as they're partly owned by… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Started well, but ended badly

Unit Secretary (Former Employee) Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Centura Health part-time

Pros: Th team I worked with was great. Cons: Management is a cabal who work to screw over their workers. Even if their workers… More
There are newer reviews on Centura Health.

Worked for Centura Health? Contribute to the Community!