Centura Health

www.centura.org
There are newer employer reviews for Centura Health

Great

I worked at Centura Health

Pros

Great work environment, caring administration

Cons

none that I can think of

53 Other Employee Reviews for Centura Health (View Most Recent)

Good for reliable work, bad for advancement

I have been working at Centura Health

Pros

Once you're in, you can rely on having a job as long as you're honest and put in a good amount of work

Cons

Don't expect very many opportunities for advancement. Yes, they'll come along, but good luck with the process of advancing.

Centura Health IT

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO
    Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

I have been working at Centura Health full-time (more than 5 years)

Pros

You are working with dedicated, hard-working, kind people who care about their work. Most people who come to work here are impressed with how nice the people are. Because it is a faith-based, non-profit, many of the workers bring a positive spirit to their interactions. For the most part, my coworkers are very competent.

The CEO, Gary Campbell impresses me. I have never known a CEO, especially of such a large company, to invest so much time in meeting with the workers. He has a stated, clear vision for the future of the company. His leadership is why I expect that Centura will survive and grow during the Obamacare era. Let's face it, regulations have been created to pretty much force consolidation and mergers. Centura seems poised to take advantage of it.

Finally, the commitment to the mission of providing care and community benefit makes the work more meaningful than any other place I have worked.

Cons

The IT department has big plans for growth and transformation into a world class organization. Unfortunately, some of the decision-making has been short-sighted, resulting in failed projects and extended projects. Management seems to have caught on to the need to plan better and invest more resources in projects like these.

Another downside has been the inability to invest in needed resources. The IT department has been "lean and mean" for so long that some people are growing burnt out. Others are skeptical about the likelihood of success of some of new initiatives. In other cases, it seems like we are poised to make some of the same mistakes that led to problems we are experiencing.

Hire a whole raft of people. Give outstanding, long-time employees new opportunities. Commit resources to new projects and if something is new, not in the current skillset, hire people who are experienced to lead.

There are newer employer reviews for Centura Health