There are newer employer reviews for Centura Health

wonderful place to work- I really do love my job!

Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO
Current Employee - Anonymous Employee in Lakewood, CO

I have been working at Centura Health (Less than a year)

Pros

I work at St. Anthony's which is a brand new hospital that is absolutely gorgeous! The fact that it is a faith-based company I think really creates a more positive and peaceful atmosphere. The quarterly(?) town halls provide transparency. My direct supervisor is very flexible and understanding. Good employee recognition. Centura is constantly trying to anticipate change and always seems to be moving forward, trying to get better... it just makes you feel like you are on a winning team. Other associates are generally just very kind people who deeply care about the people we serve- it is nice to be a part of something like that.

Cons

Lack of employee input & communication regarding some specific issues (One example- brand new VERY nice printers/fax machines were simply delivered to every department (& old ones taken away).. we had no idea it was coming, and our current one was perfectly fine. And, we are actually having several problems with the new printer.. just seems like a waste of money. And, an unecessary source of new problems. And, we have had to be extremely persistent to have IT even begin to address some of the problems with our particular printer.
A second example- we were told that Centura will be building and opening up several new ambulatory health clinics which will staff new and current Centura employees which was obviously exciting for us. Then, one day, we get an email of the press release video of how Centura and Walgreens are partnering to basically just broaden the scope of what the current Healthcare Clinics at Walgreens already do. There was never any mention of Walgreens to Centura associates until this press release.)

So, I guess in a nutshell, you'd like to think you know what's going on... but just when you finally feel like you do, something weird like one of the above examples happens and just leaves you very puzzled. But all in all- the pros far far outweight the cons!

Advice to Management

If there is a major change in something that you are planning to roll out, please mention this to the associates. Especially if it is something that you have been consistently trying to communicate with us about- it's obvious that something that big was not just accidentally omitted from communications. And, if there is a major change or new implementation, please encourage an easy way for employees to provide feedback- this will only make Centura better!

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status
  1. I loved working for this company as a cook.

Former Employee - Cook in Colorado Springs, CO
    Former Employee - Cook in Colorado Springs, CO

I worked at Centura Health full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

I really hate that my job ended at the Old St. Francis , because I loved working for Centura there. I sure wish that I could get back with that company.

Cons

I have nothing bad to say about the company. I loved working for this company. For example, As a employee I fund out that I had BREAST CANCER my supervisor was more helpful to me have my surgeries,plus I had a elderly sick mother and she was always at my side with that situation.

Advice to Management

No comment.

2. The mission is alive and well!

Current Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO
    Current Employee - Human Resources in Denver, CO

I have been working at Centura Health full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

People, culture, locations, the benefits, proactive around the changes in health care

Cons

No cons that I can think of, it is work!

Advice to Management

Keep up the great work.