CenturyLink
www.centurylink.com Monroe, LA 5000+ Employees

Too many changes and layoffs

Benefits Administration Support (Former Employee)
Vancouver, WA

I worked at CenturyLink

ProsPeople are nice and within small groups seem to work well together

ConsCommunication could improve. Feedback when there are performance issues could be improved. Instead of dealing with a problem and offering the opportunity for improvement management's way of dealing with the problem is just to fire an employee. There is not a balance in that response either since there are employees in other departments that have similar problems and they are just tolerated.

Advice to Senior ManagementOpen your door and communicate better. Give an employee the opportunity to improve and offer them a chance to do it rather than to wash your hands of it and throw them out. Everyone deserves a second chance to improve themselves. Your employees are your best assets. Don't let a down economy harden your hearts and only look at the bottom line.

Could be better

Broadband Tech (Current Employee)
Gig Harbor, WA

I have been working at CenturyLink

Pros: Ok benifits, for now. Pay ok, for now, others… Cons: No opportunity for advancement. Employees are not empowered to… Advice to Senior Management: Talk to lower level employees about ways to improve productivity. No, I would not recommend this company to a friend More

Straight up sales.

Sales and Care Associate (Call Center) Inbound (Former Employee)
Jefferson City, MO

I worked at CenturyLink

Pros: Great place to get sales experience. You are expected to… Cons: You are micromanaged everyday all day. There is no… Advice to Senior Management: Offer advancement opportunites to employees that excel. Even management opportunites if… Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend More

There are newer reviews on CenturyLink.

Worked for CenturyLink? Contribute to the Community!

Glassdoor is your free inside look at CenturyLink reviews and ratings — including employee satisfaction and approval rating for CenturyLink CEO Glen F. Post, III. All reviews posted anonymously by CenturyLink employees.