There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

Too bad EQ was purchased to the planation owners from Louisiana

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS
Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Overland Park, KS

I worked at CenturyLink

Pros

Embarq was a great place to work. The people were wonderful. Leadership (except for the CEO) was top notch.

Cons

The CEO and BOD sold out the employees to CenturyLink. CL culture was a sweat-shop where employees are not valued.

reviews filtered by
  1. Very good. Challenging work. Reasonable expectations, all things considered.

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Denver, CO

I worked at CenturyLink

Pros

Significant and challenging work on large systems supporting multiple business units requiring negotiation and compromise of requirements and schedule. Mostly hard-working knowledgeable staff. Good leadership team. Reasonable processes.

Cons

Difficulty in integrating with or transitioning off of legacy systems due to budget and schedule limitations. Working level of business sometimes not aligned with leadership goals. Historically, too many repeated changes of process.

It was a lot of work to get to nowhere

Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative/Manager in Phoenix, AZ
    Former Employee - Outside Sales Representative/Manager in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CenturyLink

Pros

Half my salary was paid in commision, each year as they shed employees they raised the quota. I maintained this position in different forms for 7 years. The company had very good benefits being a baby bell.

Cons

This was a large telecommunications that did not know how to treat a sales staff an ran through many good sales people in the process. The company was going through an idenity problem not knowing whom its future customer was going to be and that makes it tough to sell products.

Advice to Management

In seven years I got to speak to senior management once 1 on 1. I gave this senior vice president 3 pages oa list of problems that were identified by my team which included with possible solutions. This meeeting was well received by the VP and he took it up the ladder within a month he was let go.