There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

Neutral Review of CenturyLink

Current Employee - Operations Technician II  in  New Century, KS
Current Employee - Operations Technician II in New Century, KS

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for more than 10 years

Pros

Good Compensation and Pay. Pretty good Benefits, They preach a good core set of company values.

Cons

They don't follow their own list of company values. There is a huge "Good Ole Boy" system here. Laying people off around the country, with the option of moving to BFE Monroe, LA or leave the company. Only way to get promoted is to be friends with the management.

Merit by performance, not merit by being buddies. Stop making deals with state of Louisiana, that negatively impacts the rest of the company.

686 Other Employee Reviews for CenturyLink (View Most Recent)

The hardest job I think I have ever had to deal with emotionally!!!

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative  in  Medford, OR
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Medford, OR

I worked at CenturyLink full-time for more than a year

Pros

Benefits...that is it!! Other than that not alot to say positive about the place. I got fired when on FMLA and my daughter got very ill. Ran out of vacation for them to pay me, so they canned me just before my anniversary!!!

Cons

They expect alot even from the people that have worked there longest and have bad months here or there. They don't care...they'll fire ya! Not to mention they like to do the firing just before people have an anniversary!!!

Really??? You claim to be the best, then why don't you treat your employees like they are THE BEST???!!!

Started with Qwest & transitioned with the CenturyLink merger

Former Employee - Anonymous Employee  in  Des Moines, IA
    Former Employee - Anonymous Employee in Des Moines, IA

I worked at CenturyLink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros

Very little pros to working for CenturyLink

Cons

The company is in over their head! Upper management has very little faith in managers or supervisors - they macro manage all employees rather than trusting them to lead their teams. Very cheap, pay is way lower than it was with Qwest. The company favors their Legacy CenturyLink employees. The future doesn't look bright for Legacy Qwest employees. Upper management doesn't follow company principles.

You have several levels of management, allow those in those positions lead and 'manage'

There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

Worked for CenturyLink? Contribute to the Community!