There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

I was moved out of the business due to work force reduction policy.

Former Employee - Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ
Former Employee - Supervisor in Phoenix, AZ

I worked at CenturyLink full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

Excellent "local" business models Business committed to exceptional key values Making a strong effort to use promised based management company wide Very good products and services, competitive in the market that I worked in Committed to superior customer experiences

Cons

My center leadership was not as committted to company values as I think they should have been Many managers of the business give lip service to the company values as demonstrated by their actions or lack of actions may be a better term Management could not or would not give me a reason why I was selected to leave the business In my case, there was no transition, I was informed of the decision, signed documentation and walked out the door

Advice to Management

Do what is "right" even though it may be difficult. In my case, let there be a transition, let me speak with my team and peers instead of simply ending my employment and having my personal possesions packaged and shipped to me.

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Not a great company

Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Johnson City, TN
    Former Employee - Customer Service Representative in Johnson City, TN

I worked at CenturyLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

The Hourly and Commission were good. I liked that agents were devided into teams of 15-20 each and that they would compete for sales throughout the day. I also liked that they made it interactive and gave out spiffs for sales like giftcards or lunch.

Cons

The cons were the issue. They played favorites all the time at the call center in Johnson City, TN. I have no idea how some of the supervisors even got their positions. The least favorite of everyone would always get fired and most of the time it was for a bogus reason. I had a friend get fired because he was 2 mins late, they told him that it was because he was late too much and he had only been late one other time while employeed and it was several months before and he worked there for over a year but he was barely making quota so they needed to find a reason. I was fired because they said that I was hanging up on too many customers but the new phone system was dissconnecting the calls. I had not been in any trouble before this happened but for some reason one of the supervisors didn't like me and I don't know why he didn't. You also could not move up on merit but only by who you knew. They changed the way they assigned the schedule which left a lot of parents without childcare options where they had been on the same schedule for months prior.

Advice to Management

My advise to the managers is to stop playing favorites; it will come back to bite you. There are so many good honest reps that I worked with but only the ones who got sales by being decietful to customers or signing them up without their permission got all the rewards and recognition.

2. they treat you ok

Current Employee - CSS Tech in Minneapolis, MN
    Current Employee - CSS Tech in Minneapolis, MN

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 8 years)

Pros

pays living wage if you are at top union scale

Cons

there is little chance for advancement, downward pressure on salaries...

Advice to Management

share...