There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

Constant change with conflicting direction

Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA
Current Employee - Manager in Arlington, VA

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 5 years)

Pros

Laid back management that trusts their employees to be professional. Business casual dress code. Convenient office location. Have some creative management and directional freedom as long as you keep the end game in mind. Great communication with corporate business and staff changes. Encouraging words and recognition for a job well done. Pay is above average for what my organization does. My VP fights for the organization but I cannot say that for the rest of the company.

Cons

Corporate management does not take the time to really understand how all of their organizations work and what they need to succeed. Network infrastructure is not stable and there are inconsistencies depending on who you talk to. Poor communication with IT infrastructure roll outs and pushes. Ensuring the right people are recognized for a good job. Too many managers that don't follow their leadership and cause friction between groups that stops the progress.

Advice to Management

Be honest with those that do the work, even if it doesn't make you look perfect. Be human and stop putting on the pretty face. That is not the new way to lead a company to secure success through the next 3-5 years. Get rid of incompetent management that has a agenda but no real vision or wherewithal to get things done. Show that you really value those that pull the work off. Go on a tour and meet with those people and be in touch.

Other Employee Reviews for CenturyLink

1. One of the easiest jobs I have ever worked at......

Current Employee - Service Technician in North Fort Myers, FL
    Current Employee - Service Technician in North Fort Myers, FL

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (Less than a year)

Pros

Laid back, Good ole' boy atmosphere. No pressure, great pay, the list goes on and on. I love working there...

Cons

Some lazy individuals hide behind union rules and their seniority to make excuses for not working like their supposed to be doing. But it's not really that bad of a deal, because that's job security for the rest of us.

Advice to Management

Stay laid back and cool with your employees. You guys make it a little too easy for the lazy ones to take advantage somrtimes. Not complaining though!

CenturyLink is a good company to work for.

Current Employee - Account Manager in Apopka, FL
    Current Employee - Account Manager in Apopka, FL

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

There is growth potential. They promote from within the company.

Cons

The pay in my opinion is not competive. They should have more training.