CenturyLink

www.centurylink.com

Constant change with conflicting direction

Manager (Current Employee) Arlington, VA

ProsLaid back management that trusts their employees to be professional. Business casual dress code. Convenient office location. Have some creative management and directional freedom as long as you keep the end game in mind. Great communication with corporate business and staff changes. Encouraging words and recognition for a job well done. Pay is above average for what my organization does. My VP fights for the organization but I cannot say that for the rest of the company.

ConsCorporate management does not take the time to really understand how all of their organizations work and what they need to succeed. Network infrastructure is not stable and there are inconsistencies depending on who you talk to. Poor communication with IT infrastructure roll outs and pushes. Ensuring the right people are recognized for a good job. Too many managers that don't follow their leadership and cause friction between groups that stops the progress.

Advice to Senior ManagementBe honest with those that do the work, even if it doesn't make you look perfect. Be human and stop putting on the pretty face. That is not the new way to lead a company to secure success through the next 3-5 years. Get rid of incompetent management that has a agenda but no real vision or wherewithal to get things done. Show that you really value those that pull the work off. Go on a tour and meet with those people and be in touch.

Great place to work for! Very excited for the future!!!

Network Analyst (Current Employee) Wake Forest, NC

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time for more than 8 years

Pros: All good things. Great place to work! Cons: None! I think this is a spectacular place to… Advice to Senior Management: I think they are doing well!! Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More

Great company to work

Software Developer II (Current Employee) Monroe, LA

I have been working at CenturyLink as a contractor for more than 3 years

Pros: Work environment , people work benifits and projects Cons: communication gap between merger companies Advice to Senior Management: after merging with other companies little communication issues Yes, I would recommend this company to a friend – I'm optimistic about the outlook for this company… More
There are newer reviews on CenturyLink.

Worked for CenturyLink? Contribute to the Community!