There are newer employer reviews for CenturyLink

Good company to work with

Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO
Current Employee - IT Manager in Denver, CO

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than a year)

Pros

Good management to work with. Concerned about employees

Cons

Monroe, LA based. Small town mentality at times creeps in.

Advice to Management

None

0 reviews filtered by
  • Any Status

Qwest World

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Monroe based management team with a foundation built on Christian principles attempting to re organize an industry in decline into a self sustaining stable enterprise.

Cons

Over extended itself and does not have the leadership/ human resources available that are rooted in founding principles, seemingly failing to see the challenges it would face with the differences in managerial behaviors between CenturyLink and Qwest. CTL and Embarq were much more in line with each other in management style then is Qwest. With much of Qwest management maintaining bell system management behavior and not seeing CTL as being up to standards.

Advice to Management

If the Christian core is real, pray more for an understanding of the entire challenge you face. Replace leadership in Qwest starting at the VP level and up. Many of the Qwest upper management are master political manipulators and true intentions are difficult to ascertain. By showing their labor force they are serious about changing the work environment they will gain more favor with union represented employees. Encourage the local model and employee empowerment at the lowest organizational level possible.

Cares NOTHING for front line employees!

Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Idaho Falls, ID
    Current Employee - Sales Consultant in Idaho Falls, ID

I have been working at CenturyLink full-time (More than 10 years)

Pros

Great Insurance, steady work schedule,

Cons

Ive work as a front line residential Sales Rep for 12 years. As an employee of Qwest there was a great opportunity to make substantial bonuses. As I walk into work everyday we our computers flash meaningless ethical principles that upper management threw together and none of them follow a single one of these principles especially when it comes to ways we are treated. Now that century Link has taken over, the commissions are a fraction of what Qwest offered.The goals are completely unreasonable. These goals are attainable for seasoned employees and new employees are quickly fired because they cant make it. This same position at Qwest saw many employees with 6 figure salaries.The consumer division is also very highly micromanaged. Calls are monitored to the point where its robotic and makes it impossible to use sales skills on calls. Century link sees no value in front line employees. They would rather see this work performed by vendors in manilla. Vendors currently mess up more orders than they place. If suggestions are made to upper management They are quickly scoffed at like its completely stupid. Working as a front line customer service agent is already a tough job and with the added stress of having senior management that wants nothing more than to see your job be performed by someone who barley speaks English good enough to read a screen and tell customers false information. Do Not Work in customer service for Century link. Glen Post and The Swamp people care nothing about people.

Advice to Management

Get rid of The good Ole Boys Club. Listen to front line employees.We talk to customers all day long I think we know whats best for them. Bring back Dick Notebart . He Saved Qwest from Bankruptcy and made us profitable again. He Valued employees. He encouraged employees opinions and Made real changes. His consumer presidents and Vice presidents also cared about employees and each knew your name and what you liked. They actually cared about us and our success. The amazing thing about it is that our company was united and we worked hard for them because we cared about our success because we didn't have leaders that would rather see us unemployed!